Big Pile of Colorado River Silver and I'm Finally in the $ Club!

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been getting pretty tired of the cold weather that just seems to keep on and on. I decided to head down to my spot on the Colorado where I've done pretty good in the past. It was also a chance to visit some relatives. I spent the better part of last week there and the weather was perfect, sunny and warm but not hot.

My second day out I got that well known squashed aluminum can signal, but there is no modern trash in this spot at all. I just about fell over when a big beautiful 1922 Peace Dollar appeared from 2 inches down! Finally made the silver dollar club! Woo-hoo!
0314221719.jpeg

The two rings are sterling, even the adjustable one, as is the religious medal. The holed 1960 South Africa 1/4 penny was a strange find. The buffalos had to be treated as they were so crusty it was hard to tell what they were.

The one that really floored me was this bracelet. It's very heavy, almost two ounces and has the same pinkish patina as the gold ring I found here last year. Unfortunately it's got a "SWANK" hallmark on the back, and I can't find anything on 'swank' ever making anything out of real gold. Oh well.
0314221748.jpeg

I sure had a great time and enjoyed some beautiful weather, and came home with silver #82 fty!

Attachments

• 0314221719a_2.jpeg
    0314221719a_2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • 0314221720.jpeg
    0314221720.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 0314221723.jpeg
    0314221723.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 62
  • 0314221724.jpeg
    0314221724.jpeg
    950.9 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 30

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been getting pretty tired of the cold weather that just seems to keep on and on. I decided to head down to my spot on the Colorado where I've done pretty good in the past. It was also a chance to visit some relatives. I spent the better part of last week there and the weather was perfect, sunny and warm but not hot.

My second day out I got that well known squashed aluminum can signal, but there is no modern trash in this spot at all. I just about fell over when a big beautiful 1922 Peace Dollar appeared from 2 inches down! Finally made the silver dollar club! Woo-hoo!
View attachment 2015602

The two rings are sterling, even the adjustable one, as is the religious medal. The holed 1960 South Africa 1/4 penny was a strange find. The buffalos had to be treated as they were so crusty it was hard to tell what they were.

The one that really floored me was this bracelet. It's very heavy, almost two ounces and has the same pinkish patina as the gold ring I found here last year. Unfortunately it's got a "SWANK" hallmark on the back, and I can't find anything on 'swank' ever making anything out of real gold. Oh well.
View attachment 2015614

I sure had a great time and enjoyed some beautiful weather, and came home with silver #82 fty!
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

View attachment 2015602

View attachment 2015614

View attachment 2015602

View attachment 2015614

Now that’s a lot of dug silver and congratulations on the silver dollar. Those are real hard to come by! Congratulations

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My god, that's like a virgin site! Just to clarify, was this on the banks of the river or in the river itself? Was it some sort of picnic grove by the river once upon a time?

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
Very nice silver haul. Happy for you but so envious too. Would love to find a site like that out here on the coast. There have been a couple times I tried spots on the river from Laughlin down towards Parker dam without finding a nice site like that. It is especially nice you found a sliver dollar. So cool

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2015602

View attachment 2015614

Oldmxrat,
My favorite would have to be the 1922 find...just beautiful...thanks for sharing....you killed it on silver!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, you obviously picked the right spot with a lot of early activity on it, congrats on your 1922 Peace Dollar. :hello2:
I really like this early silver signet ring too. Just curious if you'd be interested in selling it, as I'd love to have the opportunity to restore it.
Dave

Attachments

• 0314221719-crop.jpeg
    0314221719-crop.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My god, that's like a virgin site! Just to clarify, was this on the banks of the river or in the river itself? Was it some sort of picnic grove by the river once upon a time?
Exactly, a once upon a time spot that has grown in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread