Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a park yesterday that looks kind of run down and older with lots of urchins lurking about. Tons of targets there and seemed to be largely not hunted, probably because of it being kind of seedy looking. I was hitting quite a few coin spills and an unusual amount of copper pennies. The coppers all seemed to be in a certain area, so I tried to stay within the area I was hitting them. Finally got a 1948 wheat, so I was getting hopeful for a silver and going low and slow. The ground was really dry as they're letting the grass die in lots of the parks.
I got a clean 59 on the Legend and felt the target at about 4 inches with my probe, but figured it was going to be another quarter spill, so I went to work extracting with my probe. What a shock when 1957-D Benny popped out!
1205221318.jpeg

1205221712.jpeg

Silver #121 FTY!

Also scored $13.82 in clad, a digital watch, a couple of keys, a doggy tag, a few tokens, a Sac dollar coin, a 1952 Maple penny, '48 and '53 wheats, some random hardware, some junk jewelry, and another nicely crafted plated ring. The ring has a very colorful center stone I haven't seen before.
1206220942.jpeg
1206220943.jpeg

I'm thinking that the old stuff here was from before this was a park, as it's only been 25-30 years or so since it was made (according to the grounds keeper).

1205221318a.jpeg

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

Upvote 41

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a park yesterday that looks kind of run down and older with lots of urchins lurking about. Tons of targets there and seemed to be largely not hunted, probably because of it being kind of seedy looking. I was hitting quite a few coin spills and an unusual amount of copper pennies. The coppers all seemed to be in a certain area, so I tried to stay within the area I was hitting them. Finally got a 1948 wheat, so I was getting hopeful for a silver and going low and slow. The ground was really dry as they're letting the grass die in lots of the parks.
I got a clean 59 on the Legend and felt the target at about 4 inches with my probe, but figured it was going to be another quarter spill, so I went to work extracting with my probe. What a shock when 1957-D Benny popped out!
View attachment 2058498
View attachment 2058499

Silver #121 FTY!

Also scored $13.82 in clad, a digital watch, a couple of keys, a doggy tag, a few tokens, a Sac dollar coin, a 1952 Maple penny, '48 and '53 wheats, some random hardware, some junk jewelry, and another nicely crafted plated ring. The ring has a very colorful center stone I haven't seen before.
View attachment 2058502 View attachment 2058503

I'm thinking that the old stuff here was from before this was a park, as it's only been 25-30 years or so since it was made (according to the grounds keeper).

View attachment 2058504

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ole Ben is on my bucket list. Hopefully the weather permitting I’ll have almost two wks off for Christmas. So the etrac and ctx and myself will get a workout. And congrats on the coinage. 👍

mddavis3

May 13, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2058498
View attachment 2058499

Silver #121 FTY!

View attachment 2058502 View attachment 2058503

View attachment 2058504

Great half dollar!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the silver.
There were shady parks back in the early 80's even.
Can't imagine what they are like today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread