Silver Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out to an old Park the other day and dug nine newer coins and this 1942 Walking Liberty Half Dollar.
Kept getting a broken signal because the Walker was underneath three other targets.
There was part of a rusty nail, a pop top and a Zinc Lincoln Cent in the same hole !

Good Hunting !

Attachments

• Walking Half Dollar - 1942 - A.JPG
    Walking Half Dollar - 1942 - A.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Walking Half Dollar - 1942 -B.JPG
    Walking Half Dollar - 1942 -B.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Upvote 42

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to an old Park the other day and dug nine newer coins and this 1942 Walking Liberty Half Dollar.
Kept getting a broken signal because the Walker was underneath three other targets.
There was part of a rusty nail, a pop top and a Zinc Lincoln Cent in the same hole !

Good Hunting !
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Scrounge Wanderer

Jan 1, 2022
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Good Hunting !
might have to try a minelab machine one of these days with all that Ag you pull, wtg!

OP
E-Trac-Ohio

E-Trac-Ohio

Silver Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this Walking Half with my Deus 1 - 9" X35 Coil - running Gary's "Sifter" program.

The E-Trac is hands down one of the best detectors ever made but due to a shoulder injury I've been using my Deus 99% of the time for the last 7 years.

Scrounge Wanderer

Jan 1, 2022
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this Walking Half with my Deus 1 - 9" X35 Coil - running Gary's "Sifter" program.

The E-Trac is hands down one of the best detectors ever made but due to a shoulder injury I've been using my Deus 99% of the time for the last 7 years.
I am sorry to hear about your arm but you seem to have 'the knack', good luck buddy!

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome!! Still chasing a silver coin larger than a quarter. Know of a lost franklin half but can't detect parks in that country. Foot loose type place. So I only dig the accidentally opened dump.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Good Hunting !
I love it when a big silver is dug out of the hole. It's a big thrill.
Wat to go!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That coin speaks volumes to the quality of separation today's machines provide- simply (as you proved) would not have been seen by the older equipment- great work!

OP
E-Trac-Ohio

E-Trac-Ohio

Silver Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That coin speaks volumes to the quality of separation today's machines provide- simply (as you proved) would not have been seen by the older equipment- great work!

-- Jeff --

I agree Jeff - this Walking Half was found in a area that has been heavily hunted for decades.
It was missed by a lot of other's because it was masked by the three other targets on top of it.
But the Deus' quick recovery speed sniffed it out !

Klee27

Jan 3, 2022

Good Hunting !
I found one of these, same year, digging in a flower garden at a 1935 house in Detroit. No detector needed!!

mddavis3

May 13, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Good Hunting !
Awesome half dollar!

Blewfur

Jan 12, 2021
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Nokta Makro Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good Hunting !
Awesome finds. Always rescan your hole before filling it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread