Bigfoot anyone encounter the creature when detecting?

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
When I detect, I'm always looking around. My eyes do not have to be glued to the screen. I listen to the tones. That BEEP,BEEP from your detector could attract bigfoot or a mugger. Think about it!

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Since deer are extremely fast and highly cautious critters and yet, can't avoid vehicles on the highways and biways...I find it very, VERY odd that a bipedal big foot has managed to avoid the same hazard and to date has never EVER become a fatality. I'm not worried about encountering one. 8-)

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen one but when I was a kid we had friends who showed us big foot tracks going across the field that they had plowed the night before. HUGE and the stride was unbelievably WIDE !

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Nor a bone from one ever been found

Exactly! Here in Florida, people find every land mammal from like whatever era 50,000 years ago and whales in our interior Lakes etc. Yet not a SINGLE bone of the bigfoot, skunkape etc EVER found. Every year hunters come across a homicide victim from typically the last couple of Months etc, but nope, not "bigfoot" lol. And now with everyone having a video camera via their phone on them that is more high quality images than TV 15 years ago, yet STILL nothing.

I love a good ghost story or two, but nah, bigfoot isn't catching my attention. Perhaps in Alaska or South America where there are still uncontacted Natives an argument could be made. As for ghosts, Walmarts are built ontop of Civil War sites, yet nobody sees a ghost on isle 7 when picking up groceries, how odd......

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I detect, I'm always looking around. My eyes do not have to be glued to the screen. I listen to the tones. That BEEP,BEEP from your detector could attract bigfoot or a mugger. Think about it!

In a different environment, and distracted, the chances are of missing clues, not paying attention to your own internal sensors - if it feels creepy, it probably is...!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We just recently had this bigfoot discussion from another Treasurenet member.

Okay, what was the conclusions?
Usually, a discussion that folks believe strongly in, will pursue the subject matter, until Heck freezes over!
Our bran-new-member just asked a question (a good one, too!), and was hoping to get some field experience comments, from the membership. =)
So, in answer to his question, yes, only just recently, earlier last week, in fact, another member and I were hunting a sawmill site, in some high country,
only 5000' elev., and my buddy said that he had smelled something awful, during the course of the hunt, and he thought it was a bear. I had independently saw two typical BF stick structures, but I didn't mention it to him then, either, as he had earbuds, and a long ways away. After comparing notes, we agreed to let this site rest for the year...!
JaggerLegend welcome to TreasureNet...! :hello:

Last edited:

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Could be,folks said there wasn,t any such thing as UFO,s and now evidence is surfacing to show that heck,there just might be some.Why not a Bigfoot?In direct answer to the question I have not personally encountered the dude,or any of his signs or trademarks.

"UFO's" sure, that could be ANYTHING from Military to outside of Earth, BUT, Bigfoot walks on land and thus dies on land and thus would have bones to find. Not a SINGLE good video of said "bigfoot" with all the modern tech in the last one to two decades as well.

I don't for a second doubt that we could be visited from another planet, but I also realize for $400, "John Doe" can go and get a drone on Amazon that blows any 80's and 90's movie out of the water and the quality and tech is insane! In 1920, we barely had crap, by 1950, everyone had cars and we had fighter jets and we were on the way to the Moon. Now, think of what capabilities technology has advanced....

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually you don't find many bones of any animal in the woods. Nature recycles them quickly.

Not "many", but I have found a lot of bones on my hikes etc, then again, I go deep into the woods where most won't touch the area. I have seen cows, birds, snake bones, apparently Human skulls now haha and all things bizarre.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nearly all of my free time in my youth, well into my thirties and forties, was spent in the forests and streams of western Washington, northern Idaho, and western Montana. I never saw a Bigfoot. These I have seen, Black Bears and Grizzlies. I think this bear behavior of stand, look, and sniff accounts for a lot of "sightings, especially when the bear is only partially visible.

bear1.jpg bear two.jpg

Consider that in order for Bigfoot to survive, there must be a viable breeding population, as in hundreds if not thousands, and good habitat, in each region they are claimed to exist. I choose to believe them to be a legend only, with no basis in fact.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nearly all of my free time in my youth, well into my thirties and forties, was spent in the forests and streams of western Washington, northern Idaho, and western Montana. I never saw a Bigfoot. These I have seen, Black Bears and Grizzlies. I think this bear behavior of stand, look, and sniff accounts for a lot of "sightings", especially when the bear is only partially visible.

View attachment 1927719 View attachment 1927720

Consider that in order for Bigfoot to survive, there must be a viable breeding population, as in hundreds if not thousands, and good habitat, in each region they are claimed to exist. I choose to believe them to be a legend only, with no basis in fact.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until most of you urban dwellers move away to the mountains, I don't think most of you can answer the question asked.
A lot can happen when you're md and concentrating on whats out in front of you can be detrimental to your health.
I had rather trust the mountains than a city lot. Animals are not predictable, most humans are. 'Course you can "read" both, once you get to know how they are.
People are getting crazier than animals.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our environment takes bone away pretty quickly but I find enough identifiable pieces to determine what they are usually. I find it strange that no real proof has come forward also. I wouldn't mind seeing one.. I think he snagged my digger I inadvertently left behind the other day..:laughing7: Momma bear said she didn't get it, she was busy holding up a tree.

Attachments

• bdw10.JPG
    bdw10.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 54

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread