Bigfoot anyone encounter the creature when detecting?

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigfoot DOESN'T exist! If they can find bones from 20 millions ago, yet not a SINGLE "BIGFOOT" one, I am going to say no based off endless evidence or rather lack of. It blows my mind that people are still stuck on this bs. You're FAR more likely to find a homicide victim from biker gangs or whatever is the case, yet NOBODY has found "bigfoot" lol. If I find him, I will put 30+ rounds in him and deliver him to the Sheriff's Office as proof, till then, this theory needs to rest.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any bones found in the woods haven't been there for more then a year or two. I have come across numerous-fresh- bones in my hiking. I can go back to the exact same spot a year later and there will be no bones to be found. Rodents chew on bones. Bones deteriorate. Still waiting for a game camera to capture bigfoot.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
So all those dinosaur bones that they dig up form our woods here in Colorado are fake?

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bones may be carried off or eaten but they don't just go back to the earth all that fast , I've dug many cow ,pig and deer bones along with oyster shells in civil war hut holes.

I've never seen a big foot and don't believe they exist

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bikers were never very good at hiding a body, can't keep their mouths shut.

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I firmly believe that many so-called "Bigfoot" encounters are actually encounters with detectorists who are detecting in the woods. First, many of us are hairy, hulking figures. Second, that Bigfoot call sound is exactly the same sound I make when I try to get up from a kneeling position. And third, those supposed Bigfoot wood-knocks are actually the sound of a detectorist hitting a shovel against a tree to get the mud off. The proof is out there.

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly! Here in Florida, people find every land mammal from like whatever era 50,000 years ago and whales in our interior Lakes etc. Yet not a SINGLE bone of the bigfoot, skunkape etc EVER found. Every year hunters come across a homicide victim from typically the last couple of Months etc, but nope, not "bigfoot" lol. And now with everyone having a video camera via their phone on them that is more high quality images than TV 15 years ago, yet STILL nothing.

I love a good ghost story or two, but nah, bigfoot isn't catching my attention. Perhaps in Alaska or South America where there are still uncontacted Natives an argument could be made. As for ghosts, Walmarts are built ontop of Civil War sites, yet nobody sees a ghost on isle 7 when picking up groceries, how odd......
Walmart??? Sounds like a great place to metal detect. If you need to break for lunch from detecting the Civil War site, just go inside Walmart for a sub or fried chicken and a drink, take a restroom break then catch a short nap in your RV afterwards.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I camp in the San Luis Valley a lot and have never seen aliens, bigfoot, or chupacabras. Lot of bears and rattlesnakes. Lot of front range tourists, too, who can sometimes be a little different.

weary1

Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look ufos, aliens hey could be. Really when you where in the deep woods far away from folks did you ever see Bigfoot. Crazy stuff happens that’s why a don’t like wearing headphones think about it.omegle xender
Most people that have had a sighting of Sasquatch or Bigfoot if you ask them they're not gonna come out and tell you. Just like this post and all the answers that you've gotten from how many people I lost count. For every one person that says that they believe in Bigfoot there's going to be another 25 people calling you crazy for believing in that subject. All the people on here that say there's never been a body found where is the bones where is the evidence, these people have never taken time to do any real looking into this subject they haven't taken any time to read up on any possible sightings or anything as such. And I'm not talking about watching any of the stupid shows on TV that are made for people to watch them because that's all they are they're stupid shows. Thousands of people have looked into this subject to prove to themselves whether these beings exist or don't. I am one of those I did my own research a little more than 10 years ago, I found MY answers. I would suggest to you to not go any further then this inquiry. You open Pandora's box and that's what this is you will not get that lid shut. I would suggest to you when you're out in the woods to always be aware of your surroundings always. I don't go in to the woods unarmed anymore, that's my personal preference. I've seen enough things including big cats to know that I am not the top of the food chain out in the sticks. I dip a pan and I swing a detector both hobbies get me out far into the woods.

For those that say everyone has a smart phone where's the photo's. If your unlucky enough to see one of these monsters their Physical size is gonna blow your mind you can't wrap your mind around how big they are and how wide they are at the shoulders the last thing you think about is picking your phone up to take a photo. The very first thing that comes in your mind is how fast you can get out of there. You instantly feel like you're in danger. Looking into this subject is something that I wish I would've never done. You can't tell anybody because nobody believes you and they think you're crazy. And if you have any kind of proof it is just said that it's photo shopped. I guess I don't mind talking a little bit of what I know because it's not like my first and last name is present here and even if it was I don't care what any of you other people think. My very close friends know about my experiences and for the longest time they called me crazy. That is until they had their own experience a few years ago while we all were gold prospecting in a western state. One still calls me crazy the other believes now.

Last edited:

DanU

Greenie
Dec 15, 2021
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Could be,folks said there wasn,t any such thing as UFO,s and now evidence is surfacing to show that heck,there just might be some.Why not a Bigfoot?In direct answer to the question I have not personally encountered the dude,or any of his signs or trademarks.
Maybe Bigfoot is not a primitive animal like many believe and is actually an alien who stepped out of his UFO. :icon_biggrin:
I have never seen a report of anyone being attacked by Bigfoot. Not something I worry about. I am most worried about our fellow man especially when they feel embolden as much as they do today.

weary1

Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So all those dinosaur bones that they dig up form our woods here in Colorado are fake?
no they're not but it takes a very special circumstance for dinosaur bones to petrify. If animal bones weren't consumed by rodents and other animals for the calcium in them and every bone of every living Creature We're still on earth we would have a very hard time getting around.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's 300 million people in the U.S. with a cellphone tied to their hip, but not one good photo has ever been taken of a Bigfoot. That to me is irrefutable proof that it doesn't exist.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen one and not a believer. What about the Yeti and I don't mean a cooler?

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeti footprints have been faked for decades. Not hard to do. Show me one clear photo of a bigfoot and I'll be a believer. Way too many people outdoors with phones and GoPros now. Someone would have taken some good footage by now.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeti footprints have been faked for decades. Not hard to do. Show me one clear photo of a bigfoot and I'll be a believer. Way too many people outdoors with phones and GoPros now. Someone would have taken some good footage by now.
Don,t really matter much to me one way or another.I believe in Frosty the Snowman too,just because I want to.Just because there should be a Frosty.As to all the stories,are they true? In the immortal words of Mr.Nightlinger,if they,re not they should be.Happy New Year!!!!:tongue3:
:tongue3::tongue3::happy3::happy3::happy3:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for being a killjoy. The real bottom line is there's no way to 100% disprove Bigfoot. New species of animals are still being found to this day. Scientists have also found species of animals that were once thought to be extinct. Too many places to hide in this world if you're an animal and just want to be left alone.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for being a killjoy. The real bottom line is there's no way to 100% disprove Bigfoot. New species of animals are still being found to this day. Scientists have also found species of animals that were once thought to be extinct. Too many places to hide in this world if you're an animal and just want to be left alone.
Not a killjoy Tim,just spoke your piece,gotta respect a man for that.I,m 70 years old,refuse to grow up,still full of wonder at the world around me.The island of New Guinea is a prime example of what you speak of.They still haven,t explored all of that or discovered what,s there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread