Bigfoot anyone encounter the creature when detecting?

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a mountain lion in heat! that is one spooky scream on a dark night in the woods I can tell you!
There has been many "outdoorsman" that have swore they have never heard anything like it in their lives. Four different pitches...a body rattling growl, tree knocking and huge rocks being thrown in their direction. All for the purpose of running you out of their territory.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave Isadahl has a platform on Youtube called howtohunt.com. It's an open forum for people to share these contacts with Sabe off their chests. Most of the people have refused to discuss it because of ridicule and have carried these bone chilling contacts with Sasquatch for decades. Yes, there are a few crack pots that write in but there are literally thousands of sightings around the world. Check it out...it's very interesting. I used to be a naysayer as well, not anymore.
Yes, Steve’s YouTube channel is an open place to tell your story without criticizing you -much different than elsewhere eh? Thousands of people have a story to tell- life changing experiences...!

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to believed BigFoot but there are thousand & thousand trees with Game Camera's on them. But Indians said about them for thousand years. I wonder they were talking about 8' tall indians

so I threw this in:

For more incredible evidence of giant human remains discovered around the world, check out this special season of Gaia’s original series Open Minds: Evidence of Giants in Sardinia
Giant men - good physical evidence and written accounts from many places, including North America.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Giant men - good physical evidence and written accounts from many places, including North America.
...and, not to mention the native's cultural heritage, saying thru Oral Tradition and pictographs on various mediums, of these giant men, it was good info for everyone to know...!
To the White man, that was providing honorable evidence for Bigfoot's existence...! What more evidence do we need, a dead Bigfoot...?!
My Theory:
Bigfoot is more than an animal, its a distant relative of man AND woman....!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and, not to mention the native's cultural heritage, saying thru Oral Tradition and pictographs on various mediums, of these giant men, it was good info for everyone to know...!
To the White man, that was providing honorable evidence for Bigfoot's existence...! What more evidence do we need, a dead Bigfoot...?!
My Theory:
Bigfoot is more than an animal, its a distant relative of man AND woman....!
Sometime for a yuk or two,look up R.Crumb,s toons on bigfoot.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the only authentic about the Patterson Gimlin 8mm footage is that it is 8 mm film. What is shown on the film has been thoroughly debunked as a fake.
by whom has it been debunked show some supporting evidence from anyone that states that film was faked there has been no one that has debunked the Patterson Gimlin film yet still to this day

MrSmithOriginal

Mar 23, 2021
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
by whom has it been debunked show some supporting evidence from anyone that states that film was faked there has been no one that has debunked the Patterson Gimlin film yet still to this day
I for one think that to say it's debunked is unfair, and there are actually quite a few other videos out that have shown bipedal and other questionable oddities.

Remember, This was 1967 when for example the original Star-Trek television series was still airing on television for the first time and special effects were still very primitive in Hollywood let alone in the private sector.

E

Exploration unknown

I,ve been accused of smelling like a Bigfoot on occasion.
Ahh the smell of the forest.... Native American stories say some bigfoot hunters were out hiking and scouting around for the beast... from stories they heard from the Elders. They wanted to find, capture, and take selfies to prove the stories.. Then a great overpowering stench filled their nostrils.... they KNEW it was BIGFOOT! Unbeknownst to them the creature was just around a huge boulder.... ALL they could do was guess at what was there, it smelled like something.... scary... must be a bigfoot! They run screaming in fear. The creature hears bigfoot screaming and noise of rustling.... and oh it sounds angry! Crashbandacoot was never seen again in that same area after he ran off from the terrifying screams of the bigfoot he heard. Meanwhile, a poor bigfoot was just chilling and watching all this from above in a tree. Bigfoot is scratching his head right now. Thinks us humans are crazy.. . and that you smell fine. The moral of the story is crashbandacoot should bath often and we don't see bigfoot because he is hiding from humans who are crazy.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh the smell of the forest.... Native American stories say some bigfoot hunters were out hiking and scouting around for the beast... from stories they heard from the Elders. They wanted to find, capture, and take selfies to prove the stories.. Then a great overpowering stench filled their nostrils.... they KNEW it was BIGFOOT! Unbeknownst to them the creature was just around a huge boulder.... ALL they could do was guess at what was there, it smelled like something.... scary... must be a bigfoot! They run screaming in fear. The creature hears bigfoot screaming and noise of rustling.... and oh it sounds angry! Crashbandacoot was never seen again in that same area after he ran off from the terrifying screams of the bigfoot he heard. Meanwhile, a poor bigfoot was just chilling and watching all this from above in a tree. Bigfoot is scratching his head right now. Thinks us humans are crazy.. . and that you smell fine. The moral of the story is crashbandacoot should bath often and we don't see bigfoot because he is hiding from humans who are crazy.
Good one.I got quite the laugh from that,thank you!!!!:laughing7:
:laughing7::laughing7::headbang::headbang::headbang::notworthy::notworthy::occasion14::occasion14:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The day he comes up to shake my hand out in the middle of nowhere, that's the day I'll believe in the myth.
the day one comes up to shake your hand is the day you will be slipping and sliding in your own feces trying to run away

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
94E780ED-20C4-44A0-BF98-828969955FFC.jpeg
C792CBC8-F043-42C6-A079-7E41CE659A4C.jpeg
0EEB200F-6FF0-4520-AB24-F3C7E40389DD.jpeg
Why doubt them?

Attachments

• E179D02F-CE40-4B6E-936D-7856B38B7314.jpeg
    E179D02F-CE40-4B6E-936D-7856B38B7314.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 52
Apr 7, 2022
Here are a few considerations:
  • There are unexplained sightings, smells, footprints, and other evidence that is almost universal across cultures, geographies, and time periods. Stories of these creatures go back thousands of years and have similarities among cultures that were never in contact with each other. Whether it is an actual physical phenomenon, or something deeply embedded in the human subconscious that is triggered by something, there is something going on we don’t understand. The phenomenon is real.
  • There is some physical evidence such as footprints and environmental DNA that point to the possibility of Bigfoot’s existence, but the scarcity and quality of the evidence is still problematic and is to date not conclusive.
  • Humans develop a bias against things they don’t believe exist. The reasoning goes like this, “There is no evidence for the existence of xxxx, so I am not going to believe any evidence you present because it is proven there is no evidence.” This circular reasoning means the bar for proving anything new becomes significantly higher.
  • If you every try listen to a lecture on quantum physics, you will likely become confused and realize we have very little understanding of how our world actually works. Of the many current theories (e.g. Bigfoot is an alien, Bigfoot travels through transdimensional portals, Bigfoot uses infrasound to keep people away) each has a very low likelihood of being the real answer. However, I think that the likelihood of the actual phenomenon not fitting into our current view of how the world works is high since there is some much we really don't understand.
That is my $0.02.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread