Bigfoot anyone encounter the creature when detecting?

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you read writings from mid 19th century sources that lived with and documented Native peoples and beliefs, they all report a strong connection and fear of supernatural activity. Spirits in the forest, spirits of the dead among the living, supernatural animals, monsters and ghouls... This was just an unquestioned part of daily life, story telling and culture. But what they really were, were attempts to explain the unexplained... and of course, attempts at manipulation by unscrupulous folk that prey upon others, We still see that today with many of our politicians and "religious" leaders.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Disagree, I've always been "on the fence" with their existence. Not anymore. I can't emphasize enough, read the book, "The Locals." Another skeptic enlightened.
Confirmation bias much?

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Stay uninformed, my friend.
No. I'm staying unconvinced by what gives you the FEELS.

The FEELS does not equal evidence.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

What is the "FEELS"??
Imagine the elation the average person would experience if they believed they one a million bucks on a scratch off (it could be a prank ticket, but they don't know it) for example.

Well the "FEELS" can be addictive in which case the mind can deflect logic, and reason to uphold a belief that gives one the "FEELS".

The "FEELS", or the "TINGLES" are experienced by Muslims when they read the Quran in classical Arabic because it's poetry. They then think it's a miracle, but they loose sight of the fact that people are naturally attracted to rhythm, and clever words with no divine intervention needed. Muslims think that their "FEELS", and "Tingles" are proof of their holy book, and develop a confirmation bias for it.

The same is for your book suggestion which in reality offers no proof just like the Quran offers no proof.

It's not being informed by what people make up, but being duped is.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine the elation the average person would experience if they believed they one a million bucks on a scratch off (it could be a prank ticket, but they don't know it) for example.

Well the "FEELS" can be addictive in which case the mind can deflect logic, and reason to uphold a belief that gives one the "FEELS".

The "FEELS", or the "TINGLES" are experienced by Muslims when they read the Quran in classical Arabic because it's poetry. They then think it's a miracle, but they loose sight of the fact that people are naturally attracted to rhythm, and clever words with no divine intervention needed. Muslims think that their "FEELS", and "Tingles" are proof of their holy book, and develop a confirmation bias for it.

The same is for your book suggestion which in reality offers no proof just like the Quran offers no proof.

It's not being informed by what people make up, but being duped is.
If you would read the book and maybe contact the author, that would be all the proof you needed. My Grandson has the book in his possession (works in SoCal.), or I would send it to you to read and make an informed opinion. I, like yourself, was once a "fence sitter."

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
like I have said before.... EVERYBODY has a "video camera" in their back pocket these days... EVERYBODY. My 90 year old neighbor does, I do, and I am a tech moron, but even so I can push the little camera button on my phone and record. Look at the stuff being posted in real time from Ukraine, or Gaza or the West Bank... look at all the footage that pops up every time the police arrest a fellow on the street.... Video cameras are EVERYWHERE. So show me.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the Patterson Gimlin 8mm footage from the 70's has been confirmed as authentic.
this will make you a believer.

Yeah the muscle movement of Patty is quite believable and the stride and shoulders are huge…! NOT in a gorilla suit for sure!

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

If you would read the book and maybe contact the author, that would be all the proof you needed. My Grandson has the book in his possession (works in SoCal.), or I would send it to you to read and make an informed opinion. I, like yourself, was once a "fence sitter."
You sure have a low threshold for proof/evidence.

How about I send you the Book of Mormom. The author is not still alive, but there's signed witness statements. You can read about how a tribe of Israelites came to North America in wooden submarines. The Garden of Eden was in what is now Missouri. People of color are that way because of Sin. It's written therefore it's proof.

I was not a fence sitter on BF because I believed. Who can resist Leanard Nimoy in "In Search Of" back in the day? My most cherished belief was Lake Monsters ever since I was a kid. Then one day my mind could not hold back what I knew as reality against what I wanted to believe. This realization of wanting to believe having no merit broke my cognitive wall which my head physically rocked.

I don't want your book. I want you to think.

I could for less than $500 make a living making Youtube videos for the gulible in what they see as proof without actually giving them any. Their minds will push away the lies I can give them, and praise me for it. All I have to do is make hoax videos, and keep cleaning the comment section of people trying to talk sense to my dupes. Some people get lazy and turn off the comment section.

So I don't care how clever your book is because I can be even more clever. But I rather have people think critically over making money, or puff up my ego.

Some things to consider:

No fossils of a large hominid has ever been found in North America.

No hair, skin, bones, teeth ever found that show DNA evidence to support an unknown hominid.

No bodies ever found in any fire, flood or other natural disaster.

Huge areas of the country have been explored, many are under camera, and even satellite surveillance.

Native American legends/myths are only looked at in a confirmation biased manner. Ignored are talking animals, and other flights of fancy which are not taken seriously.

You believe what you want to believe. Evidence/proof for me is different for you.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

like I have said before.... EVERYBODY has a "video camera" in their back pocket these days... EVERYBODY. My 90 year old neighbor does, I do, and I am a tech moron, but even so I can push the little camera button on my phone and record. Look at the stuff being posted in real time from Ukraine, or Gaza or the West Bank... look at all the footage that pops up every time the police arrest a fellow on the street.... Video cameras are EVERYWHERE. So show me.
You deny this proof?

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"No fossils of a large hominid has ever been found in North America." Wrong. The museum in Winnemucca, Nev. has a skull.

"No hair, skin, bones, teeth ever found that show DNA evidence to support an unknown hominid." Wrong. The government has over 300 DNA samples. Sabe has a human mother and "unknown" father DNA.

"No bodies ever found in any fire, flood or other natural disaster." Wrong. One came walking into a fire camp over around Battle Mt. NV., with second and third degree burns over most of his body.
Don't be so lazy, do some research.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread was A place to answer the question if any one had encountered a bigfoot creature while detecting.Who cares if the guy is real or not. Believe if you like,disbelieve if you like.I,ve seen and heard of being seen unexplainable things.Bigfoot,I don,t know. I,m not going to try and convince you bigfoot exists if you believe other wise. It doesn,t matter to me. Likewise,what does it matter to you if I believe he does exist? No skin off your nose. It makes for a good mystery and some good stories,that,s good enough for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread