Bigfoot anyone encounter the creature when detecting?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
You thought? You are missing necessary equipment.
Exposing what people want to hide...
Control yourself.....
You look to be misunderstanding what I mean. But back to premise.

I am being disparaged to what is akin to telling a child there is no Santa in people's eyes here. While I'm just exposing circular logic to a full grown adult in a rough manner.

I could apply the more gentle socratic epistemological method of asking questions in hopes of the individual realizing their flawed logic down the road. But I get impatient to the doubling down on bad ideas.

Also it's a personal thing for me for wasting many years believing, and being fed nonsense myself. Good thing reality which is far more interesting won out.

I am open to paranrmal things, but this analogy I'm about to illustrate sums it best.

Picture a needle representing truth is hidden in a bushel of hay. You apply tools to try to find it, but a line of people each in turn cast on more hay shouting "Truth!". Some of these people genuinely believe it, but they are being fed hay from others. Some of these others may believe as well, and don't mind adding a few straws to get others to believe. Then there's others that take advantage of the innate desire to believe for ego, and, or even finacial gain.

I knew that ... somewhere.. There was someone that voted for Biden!
You knew that.

I lean right politically, and see Trump as a great president. Though far from perfect, I wish he was more intellectual. He's quick to punch back in a rough manner like me which I try to control, and so should he.

To me a vote for Biden is for the easily manipulated useful idiot. The analogy of the needle in the haystack as previously mentioned is on steroids here with no positive light cannot be seen at all from the other side. The propaganda tool of tell a lie big enough, and often enough then it will be believed as truth is used in full force.

We are flawed beings, and I do not mean that in a spiritual sense. We are biologically prone to error, and the science is there to prove it.

Small things believed without evidence can lead to bigger things that can have rights taken away, or even cause physical harm.

Yes BF could possibly exist, but what, and where is the evidence. Do people teach their children to be uncritical. In certain areas yes they do. Just because a book, a video, or someone, or even a whole group of people saying something so does not make it true. There's stringent methods for evaluating what's taken to be true, and when newer evidence beats out the old then it's revised which is a darn good thing (some people see that it's not).

I spent long periods of time in the woods, and even in areas of supposed BF activity. I never came across evidence of such. But one time I got nervous which threw my judgement which emotion does to people.

I was camping by myself in the winter far from human occupation while in the tent going to sleep at night I kept hearing rocks being scraped together in the distance. It was on, and off all night. Then I heard within 100 yards of my tent a shrill like screaming that lasted about under a minute.

Now I know many people would have made a scene of a tent with legs running through the woods with that. But I was on a tight caloric expenditure, and did not want to unbundle myself from my wrappings (it was in the upper 20's F) so I held my shotgun closer. I never heard the scream again, or anything moving closer to my tent, but I continued to hear the occasional rocks scraping.

I woke up the next day, and observed my surroundings. The area of the scream there was no snow on the ground (a sunny spot around a pond), so no prints. The area of the rock noises was a mountain rise with slate rock all about. Then I realized that with the on/off icy rain that night slicked up the busted up flat slate to slide down the mountain. That unknow to me at the time noise added to my nervousness that made me not recognize the familar cry of a raccoon (wether fighting with another coon, or yote I don't know) that fueled my imagination. So an explanable mundane situation heightened, and thwarted my perspective. I took the time to explain it for myself, but who would not, and even add details with mismemory which we are all prone to, or even add to make the tale more tantalizing.

Everyone loves a good story. But anyone butthurt over not me being a clown in someones circus, well that's on them. The human race needs to come up a level now more than ever. The educated class in ancient Rome would put up public notices for an upcoming eclipse. Yet when the eclipse came the roar of the general populace banging their pots outside to scare away the evil spirits blocking the Sun was deafening. We are not too far away from that.

Speaking of voting. Who would vote for a dumbed down populace? People hungry for power, and useful idiots in their parade that's who.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigfoot has a pool / lake... been there... partied hard... so much so that all i got was this first picture of BigFoots pool bathroom before things got hairy...
So... here is the only picture i got to take of the swank hairy party at HUGE property Bigfoot owns... goes on forever... took me a day to wake up from party... and three days to walk out.

59e2e2cc331c4287aab37900abcea535.jpg

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab 2300, Makro Golden Gate, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a member of Search & Rescue in Washington state and was fortunate enough to be associated with Joel Hardin Professional Tracking Services. Joel was a retired Border Patrolman and was famous for finding many criminals and lost people.

One of his accounts dealt with BigFoot in the Cedar River Watershed (east of Seattle its where Seattle gets their water from). That is where track had been found. They called in Joel to investigate. His conclusion was that the tracks came out of the sky walked for several yards and disappeared back into the sky. The person who originally found the tracks admitted under questioning that he was the culprit who made the tracks. So much for bigfoot eh?

I always wanted to buy some Llama skins and have them made into a bigfoot suit and walk around the woods on the Olympic Peninsula, but getting shot at was not my idea of a good time knowing the people I knew there. Who would gladly pop me if I showed up in the woods with that on. I do recall a bigfoot suit for sale once on fleabay but i missed out on the auction.

Have a Big Feet Day

LUE-Hawn

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab 2300, Makro Golden Gate, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You look to be misunderstanding what I mean. But back to premise.

I am being disparaged to what is akin to telling a child there is no Santa in people's eyes here. While I'm just exposing circular logic to a full grown adult in a rough manner.

I could apply the more gentle socratic epistemological method of asking questions in hopes of the individual realizing their flawed logic down the road. But I get impatient to the doubling down on bad ideas.

Also it's a personal thing for me for wasting many years believing, and being fed nonsense myself. Good thing reality which is far more interesting won out.

I am open to paranrmal things, but this analogy I'm about to illustrate sums it best.

Picture a needle representing truth is hidden in a bushel of hay. You apply tools to try to find it, but a line of people each in turn cast on more hay shouting "Truth!". Some of these people genuinely believe it, but they are being fed hay from others. Some of these others may believe as well, and don't mind adding a few straws to get others to believe. Then there's others that take advantage of the innate desire to believe for ego, and, or even finacial gain.

You knew that.

I lean right politically, and see Trump as a great president. Though far from perfect, I wish he was more intellectual. He's quick to punch back in a rough manner like me which I try to control, and so should he.

To me a vote for Biden is for the easily manipulated useful idiot. The analogy of the needle in the haystack as previously mentioned is on steroids here with no positive light cannot be seen at all from the other side. The propaganda tool of tell a lie big enough, and often enough then it will be believed as truth is used in full force.

We are flawed beings, and I do not mean that in a spiritual sense. We are biologically prone to error, and the science is there to prove it.

Small things believed without evidence can lead to bigger things that can have rights taken away, or even cause physical harm.

Yes BF could possibly exist, but what, and where is the evidence. Do people teach their children to be uncritical. In certain areas yes they do. Just because a book, a video, or someone, or even a whole group of people saying something so does not make it true. There's stringent methods for evaluating what's taken to be true, and when newer evidence beats out the old then it's revised which is a darn good thing (some people see that it's not).

I spent long periods of time in the woods, and even in areas of supposed BF activity. I never came across evidence of such. But one time I got nervous which threw my judgement which emotion does to people.

I was camping by myself in the winter far from human occupation while in the tent going to sleep at night I kept hearing rocks being scraped together in the distance. It was on, and off all night. Then I heard within 100 yards of my tent a shrill like screaming that lasted about under a minute.

Now I know many people would have made a scene of a tent with legs running through the woods with that. But I was on a tight caloric expenditure, and did not want to unbundle myself from my wrappings (it was in the upper 20's F) so I held my shotgun closer. I never heard the scream again, or anything moving closer to my tent, but I continued to hear the occasional rocks scraping.

I woke up the next day, and observed my surroundings. The area of the scream there was no snow on the ground (a sunny spot around a pond), so no prints. The area of the rock noises was a mountain rise with slate rock all about. Then I realized that with the on/off icy rain that night slicked up the busted up flat slate to slide down the mountain. That unknow to me at the time noise added to my nervousness that made me not recognize the familar cry of a raccoon (wether fighting with another coon, or yote I don't know) that fueled my imagination. So an explanable mundane situation heightened, and thwarted my perspective. I took the time to explain it for myself, but who would not, and even add details with mismemory which we are all prone to, or even add to make the tale more tantalizing.

Everyone loves a good story. But anyone butthurt over not me being a clown in someones circus, well that's on them. The human race needs to come up a level now more than ever. The educated class in ancient Rome would put up public notices for an upcoming eclipse. Yet when the eclipse came the roar of the general populace banging their pots outside to scare away the evil spirits blocking the Sun was deafening. We are not too far away from that.

Speaking of voting. Who would vote for a dumbed down populace? People hungry for power, and useful idiots in their parade that's who.
The screaming raccoons remind me of one of my girlfriends. Another reason to go deep in the woods than having to listen to her screech! Yikes!

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
No illusion at all. But you,ve stated your stance,no need to continue to slyly berate members who feel otherwise.
I was shown circular logic as evidence, and was snarkly told to do my research. I returned in kind.
Nobodies hiding anything,the discussion is out in the open.
You are trying to silence me.

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember years ago reading where a guy in Columbus, Oh. dressed up in a gorilla suit and would hide in the trees along a population jogging trail and jump out and scare women joggers. Kinda funny but man if one of them was carrying.......?
Swiss cheese bigfoot, served on bloody grass or rock sans bread.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was shown circular logic as evidence, and was snarkly told to do my research. I returned in kind.

Man,you got it all wrong! I give up!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread was originally about meeting bigfoot while detecting. We had a lot of fun with it too.It wasn,t meant to be a place to belittle those who may or may not believe in the guy. If you want to engage in subtle insult and accusations and advance your own brand of logic,pony up 20 bucks and you can post your own bigfoot,what a joke thread and insult away.Then we can insult back with no fear of being shut down by moderators. This is meant to be fun here!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen, heard or smelled a Sasquatch, however, my Uncle was half owner in a logging outfit in Hayfork, CA. (Trinity Alps). He was talking to my Dad while barbecuing one evening, in a subdued tone I might add. He went to the job sight one morning as usual, to find items moved around. The fifty-five gallon drums of oil and hydraulic oil had been picked up and thrown down into a ravine. Very large human tracks were all over the landing. He was a believer from then on. He was a man of upright character that would not tell a B.S. story like that.
You can take what I have shared with all of you as truthful or leave it as a fairy tale...no skin off of my nose.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen, heard or smelled a Sasquatch, however, my Uncle was half owner in a logging outfit in Hayfork, CA. (Trinity Alps). He was talking to my Dad while barbecuing one evening, in a subdued tone I might add. He went to the job sight one morning as usual, to find items moved around. The fifty-five gallon drums of oil and hydraulic oil had been picked up and thrown down into a ravine. Very large human tracks were all over the landing. He was a believer from then on. He was a man of upright character that would not tell a B.S. story like that.
You can take what I have shared with all of you as truthful or leave it as a fairy tale...no skin off of my nose.
I like it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread