Bitcoin Death

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah.... because so many stupidly-rich 28 year olds commit "suicide". Nothing suspicious to see here. :icon_scratch:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's bad enough we use paper money, but now imaginary bit coins, and there's a theft, and now death?
Who's spiking their kool aid?

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bitcoins will go the way of the pet rock. Someone made lots of money from those too but the people that bought into them did not.

NJ

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since there are several possibilities of what is going on here I don't think they can rule
anything Out

OP
OP
Hillbilly Joe

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seeing how these exchanges are shutting down left and right, from thefts, I am curious who is going to wind up with all the bits!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
seeing how these exchanges are shutting down left and right, from thefts, I am curious who is going to wind up with all the bits!
I know of the one that lost nearly half a billion in bit coins. Can you send me links to the others shutting down left and right?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Bitcom bit the dust! Looks like another pyramid collapse. Some people never learn! Frank... hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

OP
OP
Hillbilly Joe

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of the one that lost nearly half a billion in bit coins. Can you send me links to the others shutting down left and right?

This article is them getting shut down in india(Bitcoin Exchanges Shut Down in India After Government Warning | Wired Business | Wired.com), and then of course Flexcoin was closed, Between the various governments that see it as a threat, and those who use it for illicit purposes, I just dont see a future for it. It is a great idea, I dont see the digital security keeping it safe. I cant help but think that the bitcoin will settle, If I recall Overstock dot com does a lot of bitcoin business, and thusfar I havent heard of them having any problems. I really do think the exchanges have to improve their security beyond current levels for them to be taken seriously as an exchange, and not a set up for theft.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I'm starting my own similar service. Please send cash to me and I will send back pictures of your money. If you ever decide it's not for you I can be found in the Cayman Islands. Simply ask for your cash back and wait....

OP
OP
Hillbilly Joe

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting my own similar service. Please send cash to me and I will send back pictures of your money. If you ever decide it's not for you I can be found in the Cayman Islands. Simply ask for your cash back and wait....

LOL!

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seen a Bitcoin Sticker on a Hazardous Flood Area sign this morning ...LOL... I knew I should have snaped a photo... Tomorrow maybe ?

ShaunB

Mar 4, 2014
Clarksville, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (borrowed)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my first "Bitcoin" a few days ago...just so I'd have a tangible, physical example of the fad.
Bitcoin Copper Round.jpg

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_4571.JPG Here is a picture of the Bitcoin sticker in the Flood Zone...lol... ""Hey Jo"" Feel Free to Share ... Garry :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hillbilly Joe

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any word on cause of death? Bitcoke overdose maybe?

From what I have been able to guess from various reports (sorry it took so long, had surgery yesterday and been a bit busy lol) it appears she jumped to her death, but I cannot say that with 100% certainty.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This article is them getting shut down in india(Bitcoin Exchanges Shut Down in India After Government Warning | Wired Business | Wired.com), and then of course Flexcoin was closed, Between the various governments that see it as a threat, and those who use it for illicit purposes, I just dont see a future for it. It is a great idea, I dont see the digital security keeping it safe. I cant help but think that the bitcoin will settle, If I recall Overstock dot com does a lot of bitcoin business, and thusfar I havent heard of them having any problems. I really do think the exchanges have to improve their security beyond current levels for them to be taken seriously as an exchange, and not a set up for theft.

Its safe each bit coin has a different code like the numbers on a dollar. I read how the prevent theft.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
American Bitcoin exchange CEO found dead in her Singapore home after suspected suicide at age 28 | Mail Online

Cant be leaving those pesky witnesses or loose ends laying around now can you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread