Bitcoin Death

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son returned from s Africa today and mentioned that he took pre2010 uk money back to spend in london and they wouldn't take it. They have new money now and the old stuff is worthless and different. I never heard of that happening there but it did. You had a certain time to turn it in or lose it altogether.
His little trip was very educational for him and me haha.

Mexico did the same some years ago. Their peso had become so worthless that they had to scrap it and begin again. You had a limited time to turn in old pesos in exchange for new ones. Now the old pesos are worthless souvenirs sold in tourist shops.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife brought back some South African rands just for souvenirs and also a 10 trillion dollar bill from Zimbabwe. I've heard of them but never seen one. It cost her $4.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_20171209_075818358.jpg
It's upside down but I guess that's fitting haha.

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If Bitcoin is peer to peer and decentralized then who is it that's turning the records over to the irs? There must be an office somewhere with people runnning it all and with transactions all recorded.
The inventor is someone that no one knows and hasn't met and he holds billions of $ worth in Bitcoin he's never touched?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I could pay my taxes with bitcoin, then it would be worth something to me.:occasion18:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Since the FRB took over the US bs in 1913, the dollar has lost about 99% of it's value.
They say cryptos are here to stay.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cryptos are here to stay and the internet is easy to control so I'm sure that's our future as much as I don't like it haha. It would give the feds total control which is what they want. Everyday it seems new cryptos are being invented so who knows in ten years, there's just no history yet.
I'm not looking forward to a cashless future at all and ill probably buy alot more metals to get my money out of the system.
If the banks and fed can't keep it secure now I can only imagine the problems coming when people lose access and it will happen.
There's no replacement for money in your pocket.

Last edited:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is our future currency!
Many of you will get this some will not
For those that don’t get it...I’m sorry

AAECA755-C244-48BE-A1E8-035382E82B7D.jpeg

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is for my friend Jason

E10EC105-3043-456C-8D16-5A3EC22DEEDE.jpeg

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Add in a stockpile of vodka and you'll be set. It can be both recreational and medicinal, so its a dual commodity!

All that could be worth more than metals to a person without any preps and there is alot of them out there. There's very few of us.
I've heard the argument that we'd have to retrain alot of the population about metals and what junk silver is worth to barter, but would those people have anything worth trading for anyway?
If they are clueless to metals and prepping, chances are they wouldnt have anything you'd need haha.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stockpiling precious metals isn't for an end-of-the-world scenario. Thats a beans, bullets and bandaids need. Metals a for a stockmarket crash, when the currency becomes severely devalued. Thats when the selling price of metals skyrockets (and when the common panicked buyer who will dump every penny left into into at inflated prices. Just look at all the fools jumping into bitcoin after it rose 1000% in a year.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....yeah, but look at the millionaires it's also made.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hopefully it works out for them. The ones that were in early have done well and they got in cheap.
Who knows what it could do with the markets at all time highs. The biggest most rediculous bubbles in history are present right now so we'll see how it plays out. Debt is skyrocketing under the new tax plan and spending is increasing same as ever with trillions more being printed, same as always. They need to keep it all pumped up before they suck it dry so it could definitely go higher. That's always a sure fire way to draw people into it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread