37.7 KB · Views: 88
  • H3.jpg
    H3.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 87

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
I finally got Cecil Munseys bottle collecting book and Surf was right,it was THE book to get for reading up on all these different types of bottles.I scored an older used copy and even though the pictures are in black and white it is still a fascinating read. The mister has a common Hostetters up for sale at the antique booth we sell in but I don't have a bitters of my own(yet),maybe some day.

Uhhh . . . I know it's easy to confuse me with Surf; but, remember that I am the younger, better looking one.
_______

Dec 13, 2013, 05:29 AM
Harry Pristis
user-online.png

bronze.gif
us.png

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CoilyGirl
Maybe they weren't burst top then Harry but they were rough on the edges like this one.I'm still trying to learn,there is so much about bottle collecting that I don't have a handle on. Sorry Jay - gee,don't know how to turn my pics correctly I post from my phone,stand on yer head.
tongue3.gif

You would love Cecil Munsey's book, CGirl. You can probably can still buy it (used) on Amazon for just a few dollars . . . a really good investment for a collector.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wolverine, nice pcs you got there, very nice. Jgas, that is one neat looking bottle. Don't think i've seen that one before. For everyone thats posted, thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome that yellow hostetters is really cool I've only seen fragments of those. And I never thought those hijos bottles were so common I've never seen so many in one place.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bass assassin!! Sounds as if you have been digging around Ethel's Driftwood Inn up at the Bend!! He He!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Uhhh . . . I know it's easy to confuse me with Surf; but, remember that I am the younger, better looking one.
_______

Dec 13, 2013, 05:29 AM
Harry Pristis
user-online.png

bronze.gif
us.png

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CoilyGirl
Maybe they weren't burst top then Harry but they were rough on the edges like this one.I'm still trying to learn,there is so much about bottle collecting that I don't have a handle on. Sorry Jay - gee,don't know how to turn my pics correctly I post from my phone,stand on yer head.
tongue3.gif

You would love Cecil Munsey's book, CGirl. You can probably can still buy it (used) on Amazon for just a few dollars . . . a really good investment for a collector.

Sorry I knew y'all were twins and good lookin' ones at that!

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry, i really like your Arabian bitters. Its another one that i have not seen. Jgas, your bottle looks like it just came from the shelf. Has it been tumbled?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
101_7103.JPG S.T. Drakes Plantation Bitters, Recovered from a pile of river dredgings, 20 years ago. It has been the center piece of my collection

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottle cooper

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hey Bass, yes that Hops was tumbled a bit. It was pretty darn clean right out of the pit but did have a bit of haze. That was one pretty mirror like bottle! jgas

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a real beauty Jgas. Thanks for getting back to me. Are you able to dig these days or is the frozen where you are

rws51

May 12, 2009
sorry, but someone contacted me about my bitters bottle and I accidently deleted the email. please email me again at [email protected] or call me at 217-371-6059.....sorry for the trouble.

Roger

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
here is the one good luck boy found at the bottle spot...in fact it was the bottle we found at night in a pounding rain storm. I have no idea how he spotted it as my glasses were useless in that weather. It is actually the bottle that clued us in to the bottle spot.

Attachments

• DSC01566.JPG
    DSC01566.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC01571.JPG
    DSC01571.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry, these are great pieces. I have only one aqua bitters. Do you know when these were made?

Bottleworm

Apr 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All very nice bottles everyone! I have 3 bitters. A labeled red jacket bitters from Chicago. A beautiful Greeley's bourbon bitters and a nice Drakes plantation bitters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread