CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She Who Must Be Obeyed was out walking at 6 am and came across a black bear next door...it ambled up through our yard and into the woods. The bottom of our hill begins with the trees to the center & right.

LocalBear (1).jpeg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She Who Must Be Obeyed was out walking at 6 am and came across a black bear next door...it ambled up through our yard and into the woods. The bottom of our hill begins with the trees to the center & right.

View attachment 2030742
Healthy looking bear. Eating good.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, not sure why its down here and not up in the hills.
Blackie follows the nose , steered by the belly.
Something is prime for palatability or availability , it gets hit.
Daytime bear (few bear around anyways) around me are usually bumped or disturbed by someone or something else instead of waiting till dark.

Those given the boot by momma as she prepares to have new cubs (during winter here) have to find thier way between other bears and civilizations conflicts. Show up in odd spots sometimes.

One was working the swamp edge on the hunting property this spring right as certain plants were up at just the right growth stage in the muck.
Then on to the next food source.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daytime bear (few bear around anyways) around me are usually bumped or disturbed by someone or something else instead of waiting till dark.

Those given the boot by momma as she prepares to have new cubs (during winter here) have to find thier way between other bears and civilizations conflicts. Show up in odd spots sometimes.

One was working the swamp edge on the hunting property this spring right as certain plants were up at just the right growth stage in the muck.
And the Jellystone bears go where there are picnic baskets.

OP
OP
CreakyDigger

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Time to bring in the bird feeders at night!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2030742
That’s incredible what a moment to remember..we had one in the yard awhile ago and knocked the trash cans down and I think it’s favorite was the peanut butter cup wrappers
Stay safe my friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread