Blast from my past

RScott

Jun 25, 2014
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleaning out some junk in my attic and found one of my greatest childhood treasures that I had honestly forgotten about. Been over 55 years, but I can remember saving up my birthday money and holding onto it for months until I had enough to buy this frame. Glad my father was smart enough to put a label on the back to document the purchase of my prized possession! My interest in points started at a very early age and I convinced my young self that each of these was absolutely used to take game.
Point Pic1.jpg
Point Pic2.jpg

Upvote 14

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cleaning out some junk in my attic and found one of my greatest childhood treasures that I had honestly forgotten about. Been over 55 years, but I can remember saving up my birthday money and holding onto it for months until I had enough to buy this frame. Glad my father was smart enough to put a label on the back to document the purchase of my prized possession! My interest in points started at a very early age and I convinced my young self that each of these was absolutely used to take game. View attachment 2088176 View attachment 2088177
Great find, and memory.
Certainly a step above the junk status I'd be thinking. This frame deserves a place to be viewed after all those years.
That was a good chunk of $$$ for that time, I saved up for a diving mask.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top left looks Dickson like, along with the Snyder’s types it looks like a woodland frame. cool thing to rediscover hopefully it doesn’t get buried back in the attic again.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That one in the middle is loaded with crinoid fossils. I’d bet money that’s Burlington or at least Mississippian time period flint. All of them look like woodland era points to me. Nice display all in all.

OP
OP
R

RScott

Jun 25, 2014
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one in the center is my favorite, probably why it was mounted in the middle as it is distinct. This frame now sits on my home office bookshelf so I can look at it every day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread