Bling is King and a button

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
after several days of no-luck at all I finally found another old ring, a non-legiable coin and a button (unfortunately in a real bad condition) it shows a crown on it and I already have several of 'em. I went back to a pasture that has been mowed lately and started working it systematically. For you guys who looked up my previous posts it is the same location I have found a ladies heart-ring, a 10 Silberpfennig coin, the sword or dagger buckle, the belgian coin and a 10 German Reichpfennig. The ring and the coin with a hole punched into it were found within a 5 foot circle. Probably those 2 items belonged to the same person. In the old times people used to punch holes into rare coins and wore them as a piece of jewellery. I wish the coin was somehow legiable but there is nothing left to work out. I'd be very happy to hear any suggestions on the age of the ring. Have a great weekend!

DSCN2740.JPG
DSCN2739.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2738.JPG
    DSCN2738.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Upvote 8

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Horst,

Nice hunt, hopefully you will be able to clean up the ring a little better. It definitely looks better than the normal brass rings one typically finds in the fields. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, congrats! :occasion14:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another reason why they used to punch a square nail hole in a coin/token was to take it out of circulation. With tokens it made them invalid.

Ring was probably plated at one point - 19th C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions