Blisstool LTC64X-v3 in Au.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
No Blisstool importer/dealer on this Island/Continent so we supply our own detectors for testing ............ no need for excuses to go have some fun at a beach.
By watching many YouTube videos it became apparent that to run the LTC64x-V3 over here with a quiet stabel threshold many of the settings needed to be different .............. not a problem since all buttons and switches are easy to view and adjustable according to condition.
P8196186b_1250.jpg

P8196186b_1500.jpg

22Aug2012_P8226209-a_600.jpg

:occasion14:
ivanll

Last edited:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was rather disappointed with the Blisstools beach performance but would love to hear how its getting on your hot gold fields. Despite the claim that the low frequency used is just a "carrier" frequency I can't see it working well where either very high VLF frequencies or pulse machines have been needed in the past but would love to be suprised before I return "down under" after Christmas.

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it will set the goldfields on fire down here......I think it is more of a case of the hot goldfields setting it on fire :angry4:

Tony.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's already supposed to have been two video tests done in gold country in the U.S. but they both failed to arrive.

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Had a unit available...........no longer...........ordered a new unit directly from maker this one with 2 coils, when here it will get tested to the max.
If it gets some good reporting, it won't be the Blisstool or the gold fields that will be on fire, it's more likely to be the dealers waiting in the shadowy background that will be hoofing it in a mad scramble to become sole importer/distributers.

Looking forward to the videos from AZ gold country.
In the meantime there is a number of good YouTube videos from Culpeper area of Virginia and some splendid ones from various beaches plus many others also worth watching.

ivanll

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machine has now been fairly widely sold in the U.K. and there's a lot coming onto the secondhand market. Richard has his up for sale last month. Though reported as selling after 4 hours use on some forums he in fact spent over 60 hours trying all both the Blisstool forum settings and any others he could come up with. His comment on the video's was " unfortunately these extreme depths are not obtainable in real life detecting" "the Blisstool is unable to outperform my existing detectors and is of no further use to me, hence the sale" "Good enough detector but certainly not the super machine its purported to be".

As I posted before on this forum you need to watch the video's then go to the home forums of those who have made them and read the written reports. I suggested people tried the V2 when it came out as it is a deep machine and the V3 if you can get the settings up is even deeper but there's so people they are just not going to suit. "On Da Beach" is a interesting video. When you do see a ring on a ribbon being dropped down a pre dug hole, which is then filled in, the audio doesn't sound over the target but off to one side. As always safest to try before parting with any cash.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We did depth tests at 8” in heavily mineralized soil with two targets, a Liberty Silver Dime, and a 14K gold men’s wedding band (5-grams). We dug two plugs, and pushed the targets into the wall of the hole, then refilled it and tamped it down.

Tests were done with a normal walking and hunting swing approach and pass over, and pinpointing the targets (just swinging directly over the targets). Using MINIMAL Discrimination (set just above Iron), the following machines either struggled with or missed one, or both targets:

CTX 3030; XP Deus; Whites DFX; Tesoro Lobo Super Traq; Whites V3i; Fisher F75; Bounty Hunter Platinum; Garrett AT Pro.

The Bisstool V3 with an 11” coil nailed both targets clearly from every direction it approached from. Every other machine struggled, and even the XP Deus owner and the three CTX 3030 operators said they probably would not have dug the signals they were getting. When I popped the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq into ALL METAL, I could hear both targets clearly, but NOT in Discriminate mode.

There ARE drawbacks to the Blisstool.

It is not a beginner machine, and is a one tone, 12-knob Monster! The coils are NOT interchangeable between machines, and are made for the specific machine they are to be used on. They are expensive. So there are NO aftermarket coils, or replacing yours with one off of Ebay. It hits on ALL Metal, even with full discrimination, but the signal is “broken” and has a different modulation than no-ferrous targets. So you are still getting signals, no silent discrimination.

Because the machine has to go back to Bulgaria for repairs, it takes a long time and shipping is expensive. Blisstool USA will give you a “loner” while yours is being repaired, but I still don’t know who pays all the shipping involved.

I will be testing the machine in Arizona Gold country this fall. I’m not completely sold on the machine yet, but I was certainly impressed by its ability to nail a silver dime in hot dirt at 8”. It sounded like a quarter at 4” with the CTX 3030 and XP Deus. Just saying..

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
If I was in UK and saw a Bliss-v3 for sale I would have one by now........... they are defenitely not the easiest detector to get hold of over here .......... new or used.
If the short supply is a good or bad sign, remains to be seen.
As for now I will keep watching the video clips supplied by those that have and use one and ignore artful opinions by those that don't.

ivanll

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Finally got me LTC64X with 11"/15" coils.........Using it in the back garden is easy.......had to try it where it's not suppose to be at its best..... a wet salt water beach.......our hot Gold fields will have to wait till later in the dry season when the grass is shorter than I am.
A dawn raid on a tropical beach.
P2116547_a800.jpg

P2196566_800a.jpg

ivanll

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Aug.2012
First....... on my own beach test/search with a borrowed Blisstool v3...............no one to ask :icon_scratch:..........
so you teach yourself........... also called first hand experience.:thumb_up:
22Aug2012_P8226212_800.jpg

ivanll

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Terry.
The Blisstool will be repaired here in the USA in FL - if repairs are ever needed.
Thanks for the above HONEST assessment.

Looking forward to your testing in AZ. Thanks.
It won't be if it's Blisstool USA! Home Page

They just announced that they will no longer support the Blisstool detector or repairs!

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Early last year Blisstool USA introduced the Blisstool brand to the American detecting public and has been a strategic partner in helping to educate, promote and distribute the Blisstool LTC64X metal detector, made in Bulgaria.

Due to recent manufacturing quality concerns and continued delivery challenges we have made the decision to step aside as the sole importer and lead representative for Blisstool products in the USA.

Blisstool USA will continue to operate as a Distributor of Blisstool products for our network of Dealers. While we will continue building our Dealer network base, we will no longer be promoting, educating or assisting in customer service on behalf of the manufacturer: Blisstool LTD Bulgaria.

Any issues you may have regarding repair service, order status or general training questions, must be addressed with your Dealer where you purchased your machine. You may also direct your correspondence directly to the owner of Blisstool in Bulgaria, Ahmed Merchev, at [email protected] or +359 883450667.

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
XP Deus 2 year warranty...........Blisstool v3, 3 year manufacturer direct warranty..........who need, or go to a grumpy dealer.
ivanll

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XP Deus 2 year warranty...........Blisstool v3, 3 year manufacturer direct warranty..........who need, or go to a grumpy dealer.
ivanll

Xp deus now has a 5 year both these r built very well there r 2 vendors I know of that basically only deal with the deus & the guy r great to deal with

dirtfisher23

Jul 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like my concerns have been born out to some extent, but what I really want to know
is are the fantastic claims being made for the Blisstool real or just fantasy?
Robert 2300

oneton

Jul 24, 2006
LOUISIANA
The v3 runs very chattery here in Louisiana everything the bliss finds the Nauty 2ba backs it up with less noise. I have found the bliss to be about the depth of the nautilus 2ba but it does not run as smooth as the 2ba in some areas I have to put it up and hunt the 2ba

Gregmid40

Mar 20, 2013
Advance, NC.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter VLF/TR 840, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Fisher 1225,1260,1265,1266,1270X, Garrett Freedom Ace CDC, MP Series MP5 Pro, Garrett Coin Hunter TR Disc. (1978), Mikron NRG-110, De
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GregMid40

The v3 runs very chattery here in Louisiana everything the bliss finds the Nauty 2ba backs it up with less noise. I have found the bliss to be about the depth of the nautilus 2ba but it does not run as smooth as the 2ba in some areas I have to put it up and hunt the 2ba

Yeah I'm very disappointed with my Blisstool LTC64X V3 too. The dang thing is so chattery, I am forced to use minimum gain. Well, usually that wipes out almost all your depth and anyone using these damn detectors might as well all go back to using $65 Bounty Hunter consumer-grade, average 'joe blow' detectors or 'kiddie detectors'. Even when I get very little EMI and (can) turn the gain almost all the way up, it still is too wimpy to detect a quarter at more than 12" away in an air test. That's downright unacceptable for a detector whose company touts itself being able to detect deeper than a Nexus Bonanza. What a joke. Yeah and they're cheating too. First off in their videos, they use a V6 Blisstool. Secondly they use the optional 15" coil. So what. You wouldn't be able to use that coil to park hunt. It's so powerful, it would blow right past the smaller individual coins/rings and detect large very deep non-coin objects. What a stupid pile of videos. And they call he V6 'The Beast'???? What a joke. Yeah if they're cheating. ANYONE can use a big huge coil like that on (ANY) detector whose connection will accept a big coil like that and run deep. That does not make it a good detector. Oh, and as far as response/recovery speed? What a joke. My old Bounty Hunter TK IV would find the coins beside each other, better than this detector. Blisstool really bombed out in my opinion. And as far as reputation goes? I think Blisstool better go back to the drawing board and rethink their goals and objectives here because they sure aren't getting my vote......

shoover17331

Sep 5, 2008
Spring Grove,PA
Detector(s) used
XLT, Blisstool V3, Nokta fors, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very impressed with my V3. If you take time to learn the machine you will understand that Threshold setting gets you deeper. You need to run at least with a setting of 5. The difference between 5 and 6 is about 3 to 4" deeper. I run my silencer on 2 just to tone it down a bit. If you set the gain as high as you can Lets say 6 but run with a TH of 3 to get stable. I can get better depth running with a gain of 1 and a TH of 6 using a silencer setting of 2 and be just as stable.

Here is how you set it up. Use auto GB first with a gain of 3 and Th on 5 if you can get a good GB than up the gain to 4 and re GB at some point you won't be able to GB the machine then you back down on the gain till you can get a good GB and this is the highest gain setting you can run at this site. Now leave the gain where it's at and perform a manual GB to your liking neutral or slightly positive. Now turn you silencer up to 2 and then open up your TH till you start to get chatter then back off a little. If you can't get to a TH setting of 6 and be comfortable with what your hearing you need to drop the gain. To do this just turn the TH to 6 dial down the gain a little at a time till she quiets down and that will be your gain setting. Re GB from those setting and start hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread