BLM Form 3830-2 (Maintenance Fee Payment Waiver Certification)

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 5

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
Enjoy!

BLM Form 3830-2 (November 2010)
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
MAINTENANCE FEE WAIVER CERTIFICATION

OP
OP
M

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got that puppy right off the Official Site. I would give them a call on: 916-978-4400 and see if their is another one buried in their site.
That was my plan today. They are making things harder since they stopped mailing the package to claim holders in July with all the forms in it

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Something has changed, beware of this, the Dept. of the Interior would always send out a packet with all the forms you need to keep your claims, so far, I have not received mine and it is very late. Also remember to file your Notice of Intent to Hold document, with the county recorder's office. The filling fee is only 15$ but the state adds on fee of about 80$ for the homeless fees, LOL

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something has changed, beware of this, the Dept. of the Interior would always send out a packet with all the forms you need to keep your claims, so far, I have not received mine and it is very late. Also remember to file your Notice of Intent to Hold document, with the county recorder's office. The filling fee is only 15$ but the state adds on fee of about 80$ for the homeless fees, LOL
last year was the last year they mailed out curteousy forms

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was my plan today. They are making things harder since they stopped mailing the package to claim holders in July with all the forms in it
Im surprised they ever did it in the first place.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only "form" provided by the BLM that is required to be used by miners is the 3830-2. All other forms are just suggestions.

My personal suggestion is to never use a BLM form except the required 3830-2. As winners pointed out many (most) of them don't even meet the legal requirementrs.

If you sent in an expired 3830-2 form you still have time to submit the correct current April 2023 form. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

PaydirtPapa

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all
Any ideas if you just found out your suddenly new claim partner hasn't filed his alleged quit claim yet? The county's told me no problem recording the 602 without that recorded. Will I be able to file the 3830-2 without his signature as the quit claim is not recorded?

AND

Can you send in your recorded 602 w the 3830 -2 with it, registered mail of course?

Thank you.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all
Any ideas if you just found out your suddenly new claim partner hasn't filed his alleged quit claim yet? The county's told me no problem recording the 602 without that recorded. Will I be able to file the 3830-2 without his signature as the quit claim is not recorded?

AND

Can you send in your recorded 602 w the 3830 -2 with it, registered mail of course?

Thank you.
No, you can not do any actions related to the claim until you have a quit claim recorded at the county and a copy and notice filed with the BLM.

What is a 602?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Paydirtpapa.

If by 602 you mean the private non government Stevens-Ness form for labor that is for sale in Oregon - it doesn't meet the Oregon State requirements. Another failed form.

It's pretty easy to make up your own affidavit. The state gives very specific instructions, if you follow them it doesn't matter if you write it on notebook paper by hand.

Here are the Oregon state requirements:

Within 30 days after the performance of labor or making of improvements, or making federal fee payments required by law to be annually performed or made upon any mining claim, the person in whose behalf such labor was performed or improvement or payment was made, or someone in behalf of the person, knowing the facts, shall make and have recorded in the Mineral and Mining Record of the county in which the mining claim is situated, an affidavit setting forth:

1. The name of the claim or claims if grouped and a reference to the record where the location notice of each such claim is recorded.

2. The number of days’ work done and the character and value of the improvements placed thereon, together with their location.

3. The dates of performing the labor and making the improvements.

4. At whose instance or request the work was done or improvements made.

5. The actual amount paid for the labor and improvements, and by whom paid, when the same was not done by the claim owner.

6. That the federal fee requirements have been met by the owner or agent and that the owner or agent intends to hold the claim in good standing for the applicable assessment year. [Amended by 1993 c.443 §1; 1999 c.654 §32]

It's always best to look at the actual law to meet your annual requirements. There are no do overs available so get it as right as you can the first time. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

PaydirtPapa

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paydirtpapa.

If by 602 you mean the private non government Stevens-Ness form for labor that is for sale in Oregon - it doesn't meet the Oregon State requirements. Another failed form.

It's pretty easy to make up your own affidavit. The state gives very specific instructions, if you follow them it doesn't matter if you write it on notebook paper by hand.

Here are the Oregon state requirements:

Within 30 days after the performance of labor or making of improvements, or making federal fee payments required by law to be annually performed or made upon any mining claim, the person in whose behalf such labor was performed or improvement or payment was made, or someone in behalf of the person, knowing the facts, shall make and have recorded in the Mineral and Mining Record of the county in which the mining claim is situated, an affidavit setting forth:

1. The name of the claim or claims if grouped and a reference to the record where the location notice of each such claim is recorded.

2. The number of days’ work done and the character and value of the improvements placed thereon, together with their location.

3. The dates of performing the labor and making the improvements.

4. At whose instance or request the work was done or improvements made.

5. The actual amount paid for the labor and improvements, and by whom paid, when the same was not done by the claim owner.

6. That the federal fee requirements have been met by the owner or agent and that the owner or agent intends to hold the claim in good standing for the applicable assessment year. [Amended by 1993 c.443 §1; 1999 c.654 §32]

It's always best to look at the actual law to meet your annual requirements. There are no do overs available so get it as right as you can the first time. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans
Thank you Clay.

Yes on the 602.
I've been told the stevens Ness forms are the only ones recognized by the county. All previous years we have sent the 602 along w the 3830-2 and they have been accepted by blm and we show active at mylandmatters.

If I understand you, just filing the 3830-2 w the county and sending it to blm by the 31st is proper? I see no place on it for notorization.....

Thank you.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Clay.

Yes on the 602.
I've been told the stevens Ness forms are the only ones recognized by the county. All previous years we have sent the 602 along w the 3830-2 and they have been accepted by blm and we show active at mylandmatters.

If I understand you, just filing the 3830-2 w the county and sending it to blm by the 31st is proper? I see no place on it for notorization.....

Thank you.
The 3830-2 should be sent only to the BLM. The 3830-2 is a free to file informational form to put the BLM on notice that you will be performing labor as a small miner and you are exempt from filing and fees until December 30th. Without the 3830-2 the BLM will close your claim as of September 1.

I was once told that elephants could fly. I asked an elephant and they denied it outright. Who are you going to believe? 8-)

Your County Recorder could care less whether you use a particular brand of form, or even if there is no form, as long as your public record meets the required dimensions , type sizes and margins. Every county recorder will have those requirements posted publicly, usually on their website.

Here are a few examples:

The affidavit of labor (requirements posted above) should be recorded at the County Recorder's. Make a photocopy (not an original) of the stamped conformed recording and send it to the BLM State office along with $15 per claim fee by December 30 (not the 31st!!).

There is no requirement to file your proof of labor with the BLM before December 30th. The important thing now is that the claim owner(s?) sign and submit a 3830-2 before end of day August 31st.

If the claim has not transferred before sending in the 3830-2 then only one person needs to sign. The BLM doesn't care when you transfer the claim they only care that they get notice and $15 per claimant for each claim transfer notice. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paypapa your post was deleted, too many hot links posted, you can post the main link but not 90 hot links...

PaydirtPapa

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paypapa your post was deleted, too many hot links posted, you can post the main link but not 90 hot links...
My apologies. I was trying to quote and reply to the post. My reply post was an inquiry on which AFFIDAVIT form to use if NO non government form was advised. I'd also said I thought blm would want some kind of form and not just a affidavit written out on notebook paper. Seems like that's the kind of thing they'd use against you somehow...
Thank you.

Apologies to Mikep691 for hitchhiking on his original post .

Thank you.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
form 3830-2 small miners waver, needs to be signed by the owners of record
and sent before Sept. 1st(ink sign no copy).
I file the affidavit I use Stevens-Ness form 189
for a mining group with 9 claims and 6 signers, I am not an owner. I'm the claims manager for the group,
I also file my own claims in two counties one with two other signers.
I get the signatures on the F 3830-2 and sent to BLM before Sept. 1st.
then file the notarized affidavit of assessment with the county once stamped send to BLM by Dec. 30th
for the previous year, I just write on it that I verify the labor was preformed "for the owners"
For the small miners waver submitted this year, the labor affidavit is due by Dec. 30th 2023

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread