Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me from here that its been fired.But to be that intact(w/no damage) it would of had to hit something soft,maybe sand dunno.

Upvote 0

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
Good day Sirs, we have this bomb recovered on a treasure site, is there any meaning of this? Thanks for who will answer sincerely.
Good day Sirs, we have this bomb recovered on a treasure site, is there any meaning of this? Thanks for who will answer sincerely.
Need to know what the dimensions are to make an accurate call but it looks to be approx. 5" probably fired from a warship and undetonated due to the fact the fuse is still in the nose so either way it should be looked at by experts as it could still explode. As for having anything to do with treasure IMO not a chance. Thats not to say there is no treasure in the Phillipines.

Upvote 1

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU did not say where you recovered it at . . It is UNEXPLODED and it can STILL BLOW UP PROBABLY> YOU NEED TO GET EXPERT ADVICE ON THIS RIGHT NOW DO NOT TAKE ANY CHANCES 111

Upvote 0

saltednuts

Feb 12, 2011
york county, penn.
Detector(s) used
presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
YOU did not say where you recovered it at . . It is UNEXPLODED and it can STILL BLOW UP PROBABLY> YOU NEED TO GET EXPERT ADVICE ON THIS RIGHT NOW DO NOT TAKE ANY CHANCES 111
the only way I knew where I looked up his location definitely a ww2 hot spot for shelling from warships and legendary treasures. I also have a slight knowledge of ordnance, have a small collection. You were right was fired (can see rifling grooves) and landed in soft conditions. IT IS DEFINITELY FUSED AND STILL DANGEROUS YAMASHITA'S GOLD IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Renerio Cenabre

Nov 13, 2018
Cavite
Detector(s) used
Makro Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me from here that its been fired.But to be that intact(w/no damage) it would of had to hit something soft,maybe sand dunno.
That bomb Sir is recovered in 3 meters deep with very hard kind of rocky surface

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Renerio Cenabre

Nov 13, 2018
Cavite
Detector(s) used
Makro Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Sir
Need to know what the dimensions are to make an accurate call but it looks to be approx. 5" probably fired from a warship and undetonated due to the fact the fuse is still in the nose so either way it should be looked at by experts as it could still explode. As for having anything to do with treasure IMO not a chance. Thats not to say there is no treasure in the Phillipines.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Renerio Cenabre

Nov 13, 2018
Cavite
Detector(s) used
Makro Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advise Sir

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Renerio Cenabre

Nov 13, 2018
Cavite
Detector(s) used
Makro Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing is recovered 3 meters below in a very hard rock surface
the only way I knew where I looked up his location definitely a ww2 hot spot for shelling from warships and legendary treasures. I also have a slight knowledge of ordnance, have a small collection. You were right was fired (can see rifling grooves) and landed in soft conditions. IT IS DEFINITELY FUSED AND STILL DANGEROUS YAMASHITA'S GOLD IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
That bomb Sir is recovered in 3 meters deep with very hard kind of rocky surface
With that much kinetic energy behind it after it fired, I'm surprised it wasn't much deeper.

I agree with everyone who has stated the shell is still armed.and dangerous.

Rods from God, kinetic energy weapon.

Upvote 0

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was probably protecting the gold bars from your other post.

Please have it looked at by an Explosives professional.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Renerio Cenabre

Nov 13, 2018
Cavite
Detector(s) used
Makro Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that much kinetic energy behind it after it fired, I'm surprised it wasn't much deeper.

I agree with everyone who has stated the shell is still armed.and dangerous.

Rods from God, kinetic energy weapon.

Thanks Sir for your advice

Upvote 0

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are very dangerous. When our EOD team found items like that on the island of Tinian In 1993 they would blow them in place because they are so unstable. According to our lead EOD guy Gunnery Sgt Foot the longer they set the more dangerous they are. Quite honestly you got lucky moving it at all

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions