Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been testing some wireless Bone conduction Headphones with the Legend Bluetooth wireless connection and with the Garrett's 24K
For anyone that does not know what bone conduction headphones are rather then go over your ears or in your ears like earbuds they set by your ears on a bone kind of on your jaw bone just in front of your ears, they leave your ears open so you can hear things that are going on around you while still being able to hear your detector.
The brand I have been testing are made by a company called Inductivv,I have to say these have been working great for me, I use them with the Legend and the Garrett 24K, with the 24K i had to add a wireless transmitter which the headphones connect to, The tones and threshold come through nice and clear through these bone conduction headphones, the volume on the bone conduction headphones works off the volume control on the detector, I have had no issues with being able to hear targets through these the targets are nice and clear, I also have had no issues with lag on target response they seem to be just a great set of alternative headphones when you want to be able to hear targets and hear what is going on around you while detecting
I would highly recommend them to anyone that wants an alternative headphone for your detector,I have severe tinnitus in both ears with four different sounds going 24/7 in both ears with these bone conduction headphones they help when detecting to lessen the affects of the tinnitus

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been testing some wireless Bone conduction Headphones with the Legend Bluetooth wireless connection and with the Garrett's 24K
For anyone that does not know what bone conduction headphones are rather then go over your ears or in your ears like earbuds they set by your ears on a bone kind of on your jaw bone just in front of your ears, they leave your ears open so you can hear things that are going on around you while still being able to hear your detector.
The brand I have been testing are made by a company called Inductivv,I have to say these have been working great for me, I use them with the Legend and the Garrett 24K, with the 24K i had to add a wireless transmitter which the headphones connect to, The tones and threshold come through nice and clear through these bone conduction headphones, the volume on the bone conduction headphones works off the volume control on the detector, I have had no issues with being able to hear targets through these the targets are nice and clear, I also have had no issues with lag on target response they seem to be just a great set of alternative headphones when you want to be able to hear targets and hear what is going on around you while detecting
I would highly recommend them to anyone that wants an alternative headphone for your detector,I have severe tinnitus in both ears with four different sounds going 24/7 in both ears with these bone conduction headphones they help when detecting to lessen the affects of the tinnitus
Thanks for that information, could be quite useful to those of us who are hearing impaired to some degree. I even used an amplified stethoscope on the cardiac unit and the ER. That was like bionic hearing! I find my Legend headphones not only a big aid, along with the vibration mode, but at times a really good way to avoid the inquisitive. LOL

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for that information, could be quite useful to those of us who are hearing impaired to some degree. I even used an amplified stethoscope on the cardiac unit and the ER. That was like bionic hearing! I find my Legend headphones not only a big aid, along with the vibration mode, but at times a really good way to avoid the inquisitive. LOL
I have to be aware of my surroundings and with over the ear headphones I cannot, my wife goes out with me when I detect she suffers from severe Dementia so I have to keep aware of what she is doing as well as keep aware of what my detectors are telling me, the Bone conduction headphones I posted about helps me to be aware of my wife as well as my detecting

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to be aware of my surroundings and with over the ear headphones I cannot, my wife goes out with me when I detect she suffers from severe Dementia so I have to keep aware of what she is doing as well as keep aware of what my detectors are telling me, the Bone conduction headphones I posted about helps me to be aware of my wife as well as my detec
Sounds like a God send for you. We'll keep you both in our prayers for safe and successful detecting. Are those also waterproof?

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a God send for you. We'll keep you both in our prayers for safe and successful detecting. Are those also waterproof?
yes they are water proof and thank you for the prayers greatly appreciated brother

AKSasquatch

Jul 17, 2021
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pair of Shockz, I got for the same reason, need to hear so I don't get surprised by a bear. I haven't tried them detecting yet, not sure what the lag will be with the Equinox.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a pair of Shockz, I got for the same reason, need to hear so I don't get surprised by a bear. I haven't tried them detecting yet, not sure what the lag will be with the Equinox.
Let us know iif you do try them I was actually looking at the Shockz before purchasing the Inductivv brand

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That's great they are just what you need. For divers they are the trick for they let you hear past the noise of the bubbles. I remember tearing a set a part (single sided) that came with the Garrett PI's just to see what made them tick..

I made several for hunters/divers several years ago. Most were the singles. Basically all they are is one side of water proof head phones, Very easy to make if your crafty....... I tried them several years ago water hunting but could never adjust to the level of audio of faint targets that I needed. When the D2 came out I bought the set they offered for water hunters, double sided. Still shy of what I needed.
scott1.jpg

DSC_9214.JPG

Got the severe tinnitus also, seems I don't pay any attention to it until I think about it. Sounds almost like this..but a little higher pitch..

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's great they are just what you need. For divers they are the trick for they let you hear past the noise of the bubbles. I remember tearing a set a part (single sided) that came with the Garrett PI's just to see what made them tick..

I made several for hunters/divers several years ago. Most were the singles. Basically all they are is one side of water proof head phones, Very easy to make if your crafty....... I tried them several years ago water hunting but could never adjust to the level of audio of faint targets that I needed. When the D2 came out I bought the set they offered for water hunters, double sided. Still shy of what I needed.
View attachment 2059389
View attachment 2059390

Got the severe tinnitus also, seems I don't pay any attention to it until I think about it. Sounds almost like this..but a little higher pitch..

that audio is close but mine is 2-3 times that volume and 4 different sounds going all the time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread