Bone Fishhook

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First i must apologize for my horrible camera i will get a new one soon. Penny is just for size reference . I have permission to hunt a local topsoil pit and I became good friends with the loader operator. One day I show up and he says "hit a bunch of that white stuff"(fresh water shells) "I scooped it up and set it aside". I happily thanked him and walked to the pile. As I'm walking up to it I can see the shells visible everywhere, 10 feet away now I see something, not as white as the shells, and... is that a hook? Yes sir, sitting right on top of everything this little guy was waiting for me. Screened the rest of the pile and nothing, only this guy. The rest are points and a few of the rim shards i find in the same area.
100_1319.JPG
100_1113.JPG

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
topsoil pit ...... you mean one of those places where develpers scrape off the artifact laden dirt and then toss up Mc Mansions on the bare land?......(and then sell you the top soil back).

OP
OP
Wyoming Valley Relics
Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
topsoil pit ...... you mean one of those places where develpers scrape off the artifact laden dirt and then toss up Mc Mansions on the bare land?......(and then sell you the top soil back).

around here it means scrape up and sell the top soil and leave a huge whole by the river.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer Fish Hook. One of the rarest things you can find intact in my opinion. I have been hunting for almost 50 years and have only found 4 of them.

OP
OP
Wyoming Valley Relics
Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Grim. between my 22 yrs and my fathers 45+ yrs of searching we only have this one and a broke one my father found 30 yrs ago. His came from a different top soil pit . Like I said i need a better camera so i can do justice for the other artifacts coming from this site. HH

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Find! :icon_thumright: I only have one in my collection.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the four I have found. All of these are from the same site. There are two complete ones and two that are in the process.

Attachments

• Feurt Site Collection (55).jpg
    Feurt Site Collection (55).jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
Wyoming Valley Relics
Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Grim . Any idea what they are made from? I was told mine was made from the hoof of a white tailed deer.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the two smaller ones are made from the Toe Bones of a Deer and the other two are made from pieces of Bone that have been ground down to that shape. My brother actually has the entire process from the first stage until the final Fish Hook and all were found on this same site. I too have a few Blanks that were just the start of the process.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread