✅ SOLVED BOSN STORES TAG ...Found on a British outpost site....

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 591C15C1-6FA2-4000-9DB2-E035A0358FD7.jpeg
    591C15C1-6FA2-4000-9DB2-E035A0358FD7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would have been posted on a door/hatch on a boat. The bosun is in charge of the maintenance onboard ship....the tag would have been on the bosun locker. This is where everything related to ships maintenance is stored. The bosun mate is in charge of keeping the supplies stocked in the boson locker. The locker would contain things like. Soap, brushes, rags, paint, caulking, etc etc. I know this because I have worked as a bosuns mate on several large yachts over the years....its a great job, and usally pays upwards 60-70 thousand a year on some of the elite yachts today. There is much responsibility with this job and a bosuns mate might have up to 5 subordinates working under his direction performing the necessary daily maintenance on a large ship or yacht. Boson mate would answer to the first mate and captain, and would be high up the chain of command.

Upvote 4

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That would have been posted on a door/hatch on a boat. The bosun is in charge of the maintenance onboard ship....the tag would have been on the bosun locker. This is where everything related to ships maintenance is stored. The bosun mate is in charge of keeping the supplies stocked in the boson locker. The locker would contain things like. Soap, brushes, rags, paint, caulking, etc etc. I know this because I have worked as a bosuns mate on several large yachts over the years....its a great job, and usally pays upwards 60-70 thousand a year on some of the elite yachts today. There is much responsibility with this job and a bosuns mate might have up to 5 subordinates working under his direction performing the necessary daily maintenance on a large ship or yacht. Boson mate would answer to the first mate and captain, and would be high up the chain of command.
Pronounced "bo-sun" but spelled "boatswain". On US Navy ships they call the lead enlisted bosun "Boats".

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions