bought a deleon

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we'll just have to compare note's won't we get mine tomorrow it's sort of like tesoro conquista with a screen but i'd really like to know though if anyone out there has ever tried the big 10.5" donut coil which they don't make for the umax line any more i think the 12 x 10 coil throws the TID all out of whack so always trying to find that perfect to understand detector!

Monkeywrangler2

Feb 12, 2010
Someone on another forum posted this as a basic guide to the Deleon screen ID numbers:

small gold 20-30
nickels 33-39
ladys gold ring 35-41
mens gold ring 41-54
lead bullet 58
rifle brass 62-68
zinc penny 66-78
all other coins 95

And another kind soul suggested if the number locks on 41, just dig it! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how about that!

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering why you think the 12x10 throw off the TID. Its designed for use on the Deleon.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well just some of the posts read in the past that most people wer'nt very happy with that set up, but i'm really currious on is the old discontinued 10" donut coil? i'd think that combo would be a winner but sometimes you just never know?

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
Hi all,

I got one one year ago. Well, I love it, but I got some complain...But it's nothing you can't overcome by learning the machine:

1. Preset GB, unfortunately some website suggested me it was autoGB and I was lured by this.... A such level machine is very strange won't have an auto GB.

2. Signal jumps a lot, always check 4 directions before to dig a good signal.

3. Odd shaped irons really fools it, sometime..

A pro...depth is awesome.

I also got a Vaquero and love it more, same depth or a bit more, then:). Anyway, I tried Garretts, Whites, and many more...I just love Tesoros!!

M.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i know what you mean and sizing is important as well because big iron will show up as 95 alot of times and solid lock on too as you mentioned is critacal!

Monkeywrangler2

Feb 12, 2010
Got my D last night~ took it out to a tot lot and did well on clad. Very different sound that the Cibola. I like it so far!

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you will and will go deep too!

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
vaquero44 said:
yes i know what you mean and sizing is important as well because big iron will show up as 95 alot of times and solid lock on too as you mentioned is critacal!

Yeah! When I've learnt the machine I was able to know it was junk also if it gaves a good signal on two sides sweep....you literally "feel" is junk. Sometimes I raise the coil and it reads correct 0-17 or around. Deleon is a machine you must know very fine...I bought Vaquero after just because with deleon I realized sound is more accurate than nay TID.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing about the Deleon, is don't set the Sens. too high. Start at about 5 or 6 and slowly adjust upwards until the machine becomes unstable.

Also, remember that even the trash you have Disc. OUT, will still be shown on the TID screen. That's how you isolate a good target in a nest of trash. I've done it several times.................pinpoint a nickel or penny in the middle of a "nest" of pop tops.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i can run at 10 or just a little past and then it gets a little unstable but other than that runs good actually found 4 quarters clumped together last night which was a first all early eightys and left the circle patches in the clump must been some pretty good compression over the years

Monkeywrangler2

Feb 12, 2010
Taking the D out this morning to try and avoid the killer heat we are having. Going to try a park in town where they have had some free evening music concerts this month. Maybe there will be some recent drops. Park has a lot of trash, so I can get some good practice IDing good from bad targets too.

Monkeywrangler2

Feb 12, 2010
Sand pit was pretty productive though I didn't search it all. I did pull a men's tie-keeper (the back & chain to a tie tack) from the dirt in the concert area. It had been buried for a bit--at least a year I think. No marks on it, but some of the yellow metal is gone, so at best, it is plated.

And last night we hit a school playground, and got about 4$ in clad (incl 1949 nickle and a '44 S wheatback), Jesus on the cross (not precious metals though...), the Infant of Prague, a pink heart, and the crescent moon. Will have to come back to this school in the fall--maybe the kiddies will drop better jewelry then!

The D is still pulling more nickles for me than the Cib ever did. I have noticed that a lot of the tabs I dig are showing as nickles, not tabs. Odd....

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monkeywrangler:
My DeLeon has shown buffalo nickels, with patina, as zinc pennies, so don't ignore those "zincolns".

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Monkeywrangler2 said:
Someone on another forum posted this as a basic guide to the Deleon screen ID numbers:

small gold 20-30
nickels 33-39
ladys gold ring 35-41
mens gold ring 41-54
lead bullet 58
rifle brass 62-68
zinc penny 66-78
all other coins 95
When I had my Deleon, nickels always always always showed up as 44. The rest of these seem to agree with my Deleon experiences.

And another kind soul suggested if the number locks on 41, just dig it! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread