Bounty Hunter I - Questions and help needed

Jul 14, 2022
I bought a Bounty Hunter I today off Craigslist from an estate sale for $15.00. I have attached a picture and it is different from the pictures of the same model I see on the internet - mine has a straight handle and small black coil. Does anyone know why and what year it was originally sold? Also, it does not work so, is there anybody in the Sacramento Area that can help fix it for me? I completely checked over the inside for loose connections, corrosion, and any overall general damage.

Thank you,
Jeffrey

Thank you, Side.jpg
Side.jpg
Top.jpg
Coil.jpg

Top.jpg

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard His1LightHunter! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - If no one can identify your purchase - you might consider posting your question (with pictures) on BRANDS > BOUNTY HUNTER for more exposure...

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a BFO model from roughly 1970. It was one of Bounty Hunter's first models (BH 1, 2, & 3) and was two bankruptcies ago. Sorry to say, probably not worth fixing. Even if it worked correctly it's only good for 3-4" depth and is highly affected by ground mineralization.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread