Greenie
Jun 27, 2020
Indiana
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon,

I am considering purchasing either a BH Lone Star Pro or a BH Quick Draw Pro metal detector for coin hunting. They seem similar in function, but was hoping there would be some opinions as to if the Quick Draw Pro is significantly better (and worth the extra cost) than the Lone Star Pro. I currently have a BH Lone star (not Pro) that my daughter has started to learn to metal detect. The next purchase would be for me to use.

I first starting TH’ing back in the 70/80s with my parents using a very heavy Garrett and Whites detectors. I have not TH since then and was shocked at the marked improvements made to metal detectors as I look to get back into the hobby. I am now trying to get my kids interested. I recently purchased the Lone star for one of my daughters and I am looking for one of the two model above for myself and to help my other daughter. I am looking for advice if there is a significant benefit to the quick draw pro over the Lone star Pro.

Thanks for any advice,
Rob

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like seeing target ID numbers so I'g get the Quick Draw Pro. I did have the Land Ranger Pro and prefer the DD coil over the concentric.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco has you on the right track. The Quick Draw Pro is deeper with the larger concentric coil and easier to identify what's under the coil with the 0-99 ID. Also, the pinpoint feature will take the guess work out of where to exactly dig. The three tones is another nice feature to be able to discard iron immediately as you swing.

If you are used to the Lone Star, the QDP is a better up step than the Lone Star Pro and worth the extra few bucks.

I have the Land Ranger Pro which does it all in adjusting for particular hunting, but my QDP as a back up is what I grab many times due to it's simplicity, quickness and just plain fun.

The QDP is the best of the best in it's price range.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco has you on the right track. The Quick Draw Pro is deeper with the larger concentric coil and easier to identify what's under the coil with the 0-99 ID. Also, the pinpoint feature will take the guess work out of where to exactly dig. The three tones is another nice feature to be able to discard iron immediately as you swing.

If you are used to the Lone Star, the QDP is a better up step than the Lone Star Pro and worth the extra few bucks.

I have the Land Ranger Pro which does it all in adjusting for particular hunting, but my QDP as a back up is what I grab many times due to it's simplicity, quickness and just plain fun.

The QDP is the best of the best in it's price range.

Last night I saw that the Land Ranger Pro was only about 10 bucks more than the QDP at Kellyco

blauer

Jun 17, 2014
Pennsylbama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a QDII that I like...a lot. If that helps at all.

B

OP
OP
I

Indywar2

Greenie
Jun 27, 2020
Indiana
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all the response. I did end up getting a quick draw pro and like it a lot.

One additional question: Is there a table that equates (approximately) the target ID with the type of target (e.g. target ID 60-65~ dime, etc) ? When researching this metal detector I thought I saw a table like that but the user manual does not have it. A lot of that may just come with experience, but I though I saw a table to help out somewhere.

Thanks again for the great advice.
Rob

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Create your own. Throw an assortment of coins on the ground and swing your coil over each to see what target ID it gives.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions