Bounty hunter pioneer 202

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but the reserve isn't met.or are you looking at a different one.

OP
OP
joeismad

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
Looking at buying the pioneer 202.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

doc801

Dec 5, 2012
EAST RIDGE, TN
Detector(s) used
GARRET ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER PIONEER 202
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too own a BH Pioneer 202. It was my first MD as a present. It will find coins and rings. It does not have a great depth detection. I now have a Ace 250 with a Double D head on it. I still use the BH with a sniper head on it in trashy areas. I still like it and still does the job for me. Keep Digging:coffee2: Doc

OP
OP
joeismad

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
doc801 said:
I too own a BH Pioneer 202. It was my first MD as a present. It will find coins and rings. It does not have a great depth detection. I now have a Ace 250 with a Double D head on it. I still use the BH with a sniper head on it in trashy areas. I still like it and still does the job for me. Keep Digging:coffee2: Doc

I'm coming to the same conclusion. It seems to spot well, but the depth perception Is poor. Oh well, I am still learning.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

The Badger

Mar 2, 2013
Allentown,Pa
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter
White's Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i own one as well and have used it for many years and yes its depth is not great for coins and jewelry it does pic up relics at a foot deep though, a good starter detector

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 202 is what got me hooked on this hobby, my uncle had one sitting in his living room. I asked if I could use it, two weeks later he asked for his detector back, ran right out and picked up my own detector as fast as I could and haven't looked back since. He still uses it and still finds things!

At least your out swinging, and remember it only takes one good find, you might be upgrading before you know it, or can always be like my uncle and just keep on trucking with the 202!!

Good luck and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread