Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II..Could use info on using it

OP
OP
Gabev71

Gabev71

Dec 23, 2006
Stockton, Ca
thanks for the link...spent 2 hours yesterday with it and i cant get a consistant signal from items i put in the ground.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gabe,

I feel your pain friend. I have experienced the same thing with mine. It just is not consistent enough. I am thinking about purchasing a Whites DFX. It cost alot more but if I am going to MD which I really enjoy might as well getting something dependable and spend the bucks. Anyway, that's my take. Good luck & happy hunting.

S

Scots Gaelic

Depending on the age of the park, ( I hunt an old one, so I dig everything). I set mine to "all Metal" w/ the discrimination at about 1 O'Clock. If I just want coins (newer) I set it to "Auto Notch" w/ the discrimination at about 2-3 O'Clock. For relics I set it to "Auto" w/ the discrimination at about 2-3 O'Clock. Those are the best settings I've found for it.

P.S. I took a photocopy of the "discrimination diagram" in the book, and shrunk it to about 45%, highlighted & laminated it, cut i out & rubber cemented it behind my discrimination knob. I really does help!!

Marshallepp

Greenie
Sep 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a new at this hobby and have a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II i got last christmas. I lost the manual that came with it :-[ Could any other users of this model or similar ones tell me what would be a good setting for searching at a park. Thanks in advance

Gabev if you go to bounty hunter web site or even kellyco medal detectors you might be able to look over a copy online there. They are good people and i am sure they would help you. I just bought a pioneer505 there and you couldnt ask for better service. Good luck Marshall

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi

You should try to work with sens at 1:00 or lower. Inconsistent signals may also be trash, or coins near iron trash. The QD II is a very good unit.

HH

Grumpy

rl723

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2012
Contrary to popular opinion, the Quick draw II is a reliable unit and will detect properly in an situation or condiotions. These are my finds using the QDII over the past few months. Also, not pictured in this photo is an 1862 copper/nickel Indian Head Penny , which was my most recent find.

image-1944469800.jpg

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions