Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, CoE Lake Park Pavilion, and an odd Spill...

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Yup, it was a Pull Tab spill with a 1980 D Penny buried at almost 8 inches.

I hit the Lake Pavilion yesterday, 02/19/2020, and was surprised that the BH TK4 hit on Bread Ties. I have been running it in Tone Mode with Discrimination set just before half way and the Sensitivity set at 1/4 and was still hitting targets at 8 inches.

The Pull Tab spill came today, 02/20/2020, finishing up the Pavilion area on a very windy and cold day. I almost gave up but, decided to run the area between the fence and Pavilion and then head over to the Tot Lot. Just before the sidewalk up to the Tot Lot I got a high tone. Moving around the target I got broken high tones with an occasional low tone. I almost didn't dig it as it was really cold with the wind blowing up off the lake. As I was pulling the tabs out of the hole, I could only shake my head in disbelief. How could this be? Then it hit me...

...Years ago, a group of people were having a BBQ and drinking, a LOT! Then one of them said, "Hey y'all, let's break off our Pull Tabs and throw them on the ground, and put a Penny in the middle of them so, years from now when an old fart comes along metal detecting, we will have screwed with his head." Just let me catch one of those guys and see what I do!!! [chuckle]

Here are the pics. Anyone know what the item that I have circled in red is?

These three (3) are from Day 1.
02_19_2020_BHT4_CoE_Pav_0001.JPG 02_19_2020_BHT4_CoE_Pav_0002.JPG 02_19_2020_BHT4_CoE_Pav_0003.JPG

Day 2 - Pull Tab Spill with Penny are the six (6) tabs across the top. The other three (3) were found 1 1/2 feet before.
02_20_2020_BHT4_Pull_Tab_Spill.JPG

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great hunt. Congratulations :icon_thumright:

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my Bounty Hunter TK4. Gold rings sound just those pulltabs !

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my Bounty Hunter TK4. Gold rings sound just those pulltabs !

I use my Bounty Hunter TK4 almost exclusively at Parks, Fresh Water Beaches, Ball Fields, Rodeo Arenas, and anywhere I find Bleachers. It is so simple to use and brings back some memories of the good ol days when things were much less complicated.

Cheers.
-DH-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread