Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Question

AZDET

Greenie
Aug 1, 2015
White Mountains, AZ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently acquired a Tracker IV. Underneath where the control box is attached to the rod, between the two screws is a hole that appears to go through the rod and up into the control box. Using a flashlight, I can see what looks like a small Phillips screw that is in the control box. Does anyone know what this screw is for? I thought maybe it's for some sort of adjustment, although the manual says nothing about it. I've enclosed a stock photo showing the hole.

492486-4.jpg

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think there are any manual adjustments on that machine. It has a more modern circuit board as opposed to the older machines with adjustable pots. Probably just securing the speaker or circuit board to the housing.

OP
OP
AZDET

AZDET

Greenie
Aug 1, 2015
White Mountains, AZ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think there are any manual adjustments on that machine. It has a more modern circuit board as opposed to the older machines with adjustable pots. Probably just securing the speaker or circuit board to the housing.

Thanks for responding. Just thought it might be something that was adjustable because it had a hole through the rod that could be reached with a screw driver.

Last edited:

Mayan Hunter

Jan 25, 2011
Utah desert
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Colt 44/Fisher Gemini lll/Minolta 400 SLR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I second the opinion of 67GTA and wouldn't worry about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions