Boxes of halves question

ILikeMoney

Dec 21, 2014
OHIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank recently switched from the flat single layer (yellow writing) boxes to the dual layer brinks
boxes. I have seen a dramatic drop in the silver that I find ( 2015 - 6 boxes, all skunks).
For those of you who hunt halves and receive the flat boxes, what are the bank names where you are getting
the flat boxes. I've asked around at a couple diff banks in my area and cant seem to find any that
have the flat boxes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has come up many times. You have to understand, every area is different. All banks have different suppliers in different areas. To answer your question a person would have to be in your specific area.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ask the bank which armor company they work with...

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank recently switched from the flat single layer (yellow writing) boxes to the dual layer brinks
boxes. I have seen a dramatic drop in the silver that I find ( 2015 - 6 boxes, all skunks).
For those of you who hunt halves and receive the flat boxes, what are the bank names where you are getting
the flat boxes. I've asked around at a couple diff banks in my area and cant seem to find any that
have the flat boxes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:coffee2: Not knowing where you're from; around here the cube dual layer boxes are from Brinks. The flat rectangular boxes are from the other armored coin service companies. You could ask your bank if they changed their supplier recently. Keep on asking other banks & you will eventually find a bank that doesn't get the cube boxes.
HH
Gary

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
One of my pick up banks just switched to the single layer rectangle box from the two layer almost square box two weeks ago. I know they get their boxes from brinks. Another one of my pick up banks that also gets from brinks still is getting the two layer.
I can't figure it out.

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
atm, whites sl II classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried several banks around me and they won't exchange them period guess they are doing it themselves think I got 2 rolls of quarters and 14 half dollars from 4 different banks....I got skunked too lol

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I order 10 boxes per week, and always get Loomis. Over the holidays there was one week I got the Brinks boxes, and they were all skunks. They've switched back to Loomis since then and I haven't seen a lot of silver lately, but at least in seeing a little here and there.

The tall boxes are nice boxes though... I saved them to wrap gifts in.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
The tall boxes are nice boxes though... I saved them to wrap gifts in.

I do not have a bank around me with a coin counter so I have to search, reroll, rebox and dump. I can't do that with the flat box. It is going to make it harder for me. A few of the banks that I have that will take coins will only take them if they are re rolled and in the box.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I do not have a bank around me with a coin counter so I have to search, reroll, rebox and dump. I can't do that with the flat box. It is going to make it harder for me. A few of the banks that I have that will take coins will only take them if they are re rolled and in the box.

That is correct, although I've never put them in the box and the banks around here do not want them in the box, just in the rolls. They go in rolls and in bags sent off by the branch to be counted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ILikeMoney

Dec 21, 2014
OHIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2: Not knowing where you're from; around here the cube dual layer boxes are from Brinks. The flat rectangular boxes are from the other armored coin service companies. You could ask your bank if they changed their supplier recently. Keep on asking other banks & you will eventually find a bank that doesn't get the cube boxes.
HH
Gary

I asked the bank and they said they just switched to brinks. I guess this explains it. I will keep searching. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread