RabidCaveman

Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900
Bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't had a lot of luck lately detecting, so I've been hitting to multiple trash dumps in my woods. Typical broken bottles, crispy plastics and rusty car parts. Then in a small area, I found a bunch of broken children's toys from the 60's, mostly broken cap guns and unidentifiable smashed toys. I dug through the mess and pretty quickly found this dude! A Bozo the clown night light. My wife hates clowns, so (obviously) I had to take to home. I knew it wasn't going to work since its been in the ground for nearly 50 years ( all the surrounding trash is late 60s early 70s) so i set it on the counter after showing it to my wife, who was disgusted. One of my curious children decided to plug it in the wall while we weren't paying attention and to our surprise, it lit up like new. I couldn't believe it. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20211229_091635.jpg
    20211229_091635.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 16

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had a lot of luck lately detecting, so I've been hitting to multiple trash dumps in my woods. Typical broken bottles, crispy plastics and rusty car parts. Then in a small area, I found a bunch of broken children's toys from the 60's, mostly broken cap guns and unidentifiable smashed toys. I dug through the mess and pretty quickly found this dude! A Bozo the clown night light. My wife hates clowns, so (obviously) I had to take to home. I knew it wasn't going to work since its been in the ground for nearly 50 years ( all the surrounding trash is late 60s early 70s) so i set it on the counter after showing it to my wife, who was disgusted. One of my curious children decided to plug it in the wall while we weren't paying attention and to our surprise, it lit up like new. I couldn't believe it. Thanks for looking!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
its fun to clown around, HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread