Bracelet repaired and cleaned WOW

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The .999 silver bracelet I dug at my nieces house has been repaired and cleaned.
The hinge I broke was re-soldered, 8 missing cabochon turquoise stones were replaced and it was properly cleaned.
I will be giving it to her sometime this week.
There were a couple of naysayers here who suggested it was a plated piece. It was verified as .999 silver by the jewelry store owner and the in-house repair person as well as my sister who has 25+ years in the industry.

Attachments

• 20221207_153017.jpg
    20221207_153017.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20221207_153050.jpg
    20221207_153050.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 79
  • 20221207_153130.jpg
    20221207_153130.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 77

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The .999 silver bracelet I dug at my nieces house has been repaired and cleaned.
The hinge I broke was re-soldered, 8 missing cabochon turquoise stones were replaced and it was properly cleaned.
I will be giving it to her sometime this week.
There were a couple of naysayers here who suggested it was a plated piece. It was verified as .999 silver by the jewelry store owner and the in-house repair person as well as my sister who has 25+ years in the industry.
top notch! hurts my eyes to look at that thing reminds me of king arthur's armor in Excalibur..lol

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never take to heart what naysayers tell you. All that matters is what you have. Personally I have found countless unusual and unmarked items and sometimes it would be many years before I confirmed their true precious metal composition. Good to see it cleaned up and like new again!

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never take to heart what naysayers tell you. All that matters is what you have. Personally I have found countless unusual and unmarked items and sometimes it would be many years before I confirmed their true precious metal composition. Good to see it cleaned up and like new again!
It was stamped '1000'

Attachments

• 20221106_131453.jpg
    20221106_131453.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did she lose that hunk?
She didn't. A previous owner of the 1910 home lost it and my niece fell in love with it. She was standing there when I dug it up.
Besides, it doesn't go with any of my outfits 😆

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She didn't. A previous owner of the 1910 home lost it and my niece fell in love with it. She was standing there when I dug it up.
Besides, it doesn't go with any of my outfits 😆
That 1910 lady must’ve gotten some choice words from the fella that got it for her.

Just curious did those shops give you any idea of the age of it?

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 1910 lady must’ve gotten some choice words from the fella that got it for her.

Just curious did those shops give you any idea of the age of it?
No but my own research suggests no earlier than mid-century, perhaps 1940's. The raised dome 'stupas' are found in jewelry made in Thailand and the 1000 stamp has been used on Asian pieces.
This one looks more southwestern in style so I'm stumped.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
kinda harkens back to something my father used to tell me along the lines of 'if you aren't pissing someone off you are doing it wrong'. Seems there will always be haters, let them hate lets dig!!!!!!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No but my own research suggests no earlier than mid-century, perhaps 1940's. The raised dome 'stupas' are found in jewelry made in Thailand and the 1000 stamp has been used on Asian pieces.
This one looks more southwestern in style so I'm stumped.

Very nice indeed and your repairer has done a great job. I must have missed this the first time around.

I don't see any reason to doubt that its solid silver. Despite the turquoise stones and general design being suggestive of Southwestern/native work, I would be pretty sure this was made in Asia and probably sometime after about 1940. Thailand would be a good bet. 'Pure' silver jewellery like this with turquoise stones and a '1000' mark is common from that region. Also some North African countries (Tunisia for example) but not usually with the '1000' as an unaccompanied solo mark.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an awesome find! Your niece is a lucky lady and you are a great uncle!

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice indeed and your repairer has done a great job. I must have missed this the first time around.

I don't see any reason to doubt that its solid silver. Despite the turquoise stones and general design being suggestive of Southwestern/native work, I would be pretty sure this was made in Asia and probably sometime after about 1940. Thailand would be a good bet. 'Pure' silver jewellery like this with turquoise stones and a '1000' mark is common from that region. Also some North African countries (Tunisia for example) but not usually with the '1000' as an unaccompanied solo mark.
I did some research that suggests it could be from Thailand. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread