Bradsaws Prospecting Trip

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Re: Bradsaw's Prospecting Trip

Awesome video, thanks for posting it. I haven't seen an operation like this before, a bit enlightening . . . I think I'll stick with the metal detector though. I'm in it as a hobby, that looks more like work! :laughing7:

OP
OP
BenThereDoneThat

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skywola said:
Awesome video, thanks for posting it. I haven't seen an operation like this before, a bit enlightening . . . I think I'll stick with the metal detector though. I'm in it as a hobby, that looks more like work! :laughing7:

When it started to cooled off late in the afternoon i spent a about an hour and a half swinging the Lobo, after digging nothing but nails,bullets and scrap........ill take digging gold off the bed rock anyday! Lot less effort "work" when you know where its at and all you gotta do is shovel it into your bucket and put it through the trommel :thumbsup:

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI

I was joking, I see your point on that, obviously if you are finding gold, it can't be to much work or to boring. I like getting out and exploring new areas, seeing the sites as much as I do finding things, so for me, something like that would be fun for a short while, but I'd eventually want to pick up the detector and go for a hike. Appreciate the video, it is interesting to see what different methods are being used.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gotta agree with T.Parker! You cover less ground more shiney stuff! Better way to go, unless you're rinsing dust outta your teeth drywashing ;D

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

Hello T. Parker
Want to put your "high banker" to some real good! use?
I know of TWO! (2) areas, on the westside, where you can "pan" & actually get nuggets, in every pan ;D

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI

Pardon my complete novice question, but do they have any methods that employ centripetal force to seperate the gold out? It seems like it would be a great way to do it since the gold is heavier. That is a technique they use for obtaining heavy water. It could probably be used for either dry or wet washing, I would think.

OP
OP
BenThereDoneThat

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cptbil said:
Hello T. Parker
Want to put your "high banker" to some real good! use?
I know of TWO! (2) areas, on the westside, where you can "pan" & actually get nuggets, in every pan ;D

Well if you guys and dogs ever get yourselves out to AZ, Ill meet ya there! Unless your gonna give up the coords in that case ill go this week. :laughing7:

OP
OP
BenThereDoneThat

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skywola said:
Pardon my complete novice question, but do they have any methods that employ centripetal force to seperate the gold out? It seems like it would be a great way to do it since the gold is heavier. That is a technique they use for obtaining heavy water. It could probably be used for either dry or wet washing, I would think.

Dont know of anything...............
But im sure there's something out there like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread