cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
If you had, as I have, :tongue3:
found a treasure (Site) in this hostile environment, would you forget it
OR!
Would you just "push on" with the "recovery" ? :hello2:

PS...I'm still taking names of anyone who would like to be a part of the "RECOVERY" :thumbsup:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AzSports said:
I'm actually surprised at how well a camp is left alone out in the woods or desert. I've been camping everywhere in the state, including many times in the Coronado Monument area that is a very heavy 'illegals' trail. There isn't a single shady tree that doesn't have garbage under it from a visit, yet I've never encountered a nefarious soul, or had my camp raided. I have seen daily evidence of passage thru the night.
BTW, the drug runner angle isn't such a worry as they aren't any more armed than the the familys.

I never pack up my kitchen stuff or hide food from anything but the sun, so it's not like I'm not an easy target.
It could be the obvious, the vehicles I park scream "man with gun" , but I am still surprised.

Don't get me wrong, I despise the illegal activity, have no respect for it at all, But I really haven't seen the problem. it's my guess, that as we become more and more 'diverse', it's just a matter of time till we start seeing a bit f camp maraudings.

You're out a lot Cpn, any encounters where you called law enforcement?
BTW, the drug runner angle isn't such a worry as they aren't any more armed than the the familys.

drug runners in your area must be different than the ones along the Yuma an mexico border ....these guys pack serious fire power an 9 times outa 10 its fully automatics.seen alot of families come threw an get picked up but never seen them with weapons .not saying it dont happen tho.

wadewebb

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2009
it good to here someone not caught up in propaganda and hype good for you,ive lived in that area for 15 years i feel the same,i have to say ,i didnt even have a lock on my door till a few months ago,when a pistol dissapeered,and i live at cal gulch,sorry thing is i probly know the S O B and ill do that recovery anytime any place,no macho crap but have freind that are....

wadewebb

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2009
yo MERRY X-MAS TO ALL AND THE BEST RULE TO REMEMBER ABOUT EVERY THING WE ENJOY, TIME IS OF THE ESCENCE ....PEACE OUT

wadewebb

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2009
sorry for b ing so slow ,GPSwell ihave and had ,got mine so ,in a new area i can get multy samples in say dry areas,and prosess at home and remember whare each sample came from ,merry x mas to all,il go any recovery any ware.........

GreyGhost

Feb 14, 2010
AZ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm interested.. I live in Tucson and have visited Karchner Caverns and the Chiracaua Mountains before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread