Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This item came from an old house site. It is brass and the wheel and 2 pulleys on either side spins freely. The end opposite of the wheel is rusted iron.

20161020_230432.jpg
20161020_230449.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe from a hanging lamp? This is a new lamp, but same setup:

s-l500.jpg

Upvote 0

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It reminds me of some of the clothsline pulleys that I've found. I cleaned one up and used it to make a run line between two trees in my front yard for my dog. Recycling trash to treasure.

Anyway this one is called a Double Sheave Pulley and is commonly used for rigging a block and tackle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought clothesline pulley also, it would have mounted to side of house by laundry room.

Upvote 0

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chain pulley from an old furnace regulator, ever see that Christmas movie with Darrin McGavin where the mom is always fooling with the furnace controls ? They worked with flat link chains.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ResurrectedVirginia

ResurrectedVirginia

Jan 8, 2014
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen that movie....nor did I know furnaces used chains / pulleys......lol I'm a young guy. I'll have to look around some but I really like your input.

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Chain pulley from an old furnace regulator, ever see that Christmas movie with Darrin McGavin where the mom is always fooling with the furnace controls ? They worked with flat link chains.

Are you speaking of A Christmas Story - 1983?? Guess I'll have to watch that again and watch for that scene.

Wow, never realized he had been in so many things. The list goes all the way back to 1945! ...Sorry, got off-topic for a moment. :tongue3:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread