Braved the Freezing Cold, Wind, and Snow tonight just to find...

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three more Zinc Pennies, (same number as earlier) and a Pull Tab all with my new Simplex+.

Why am I posting this?? Because I have been over the same area right at 100 times - I even went over this area earlier with my Simplex+.

Oh yeah, I found a piece of Foil as well.

EDITED to make more sense: My Simplex reads Zinc / Copper Pennies at 65 - 73 and Foil at 17 - 18 every time I get a solid signal. At least I have that much figured out in only 30 minutes of using it.

Tonights_Finds_0001.JPG

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 7

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s just what it takes to learn the “ins & outs” of a machine. Keep using it, and find everything you missed before. Learn those tones, and the subtle differences in them, that tell you it’s a clad or silver coin. You’ll do well pilgrim. Oh, don’t go outside with wet hair, this time of year. You’ll catch a cold.

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always go by tones and use VDI just to get a mental note in case I'm in a super noisy area and can't hear the tones clearly.

LMAO on catching a cold with wet hair and thank you for that advice!

Cheers.
-DH-

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep working the machine and area goodies are hiding! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread