Brother Jonathon memories

BllueSea6629

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my name is Doreen Sutton. My Father Barry Sutton was a huge part of the salvaging of the Brother Jonathon. I regret to say he passed away this year Jan 25th at sisters house in Bullhead City AZ. My mother also passed Dec 29th. I was told yrs ago that I would receive a 1865 Gold Double Eagle Coin when he passed away which i have now. I am so proud to have this. It means the world to me.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bless you, and what a wonderful token of memory you received with the double eagle. I hope you take up the hobby and share with us your finds. TNet is a great community where we share, admire, and explore finds together, and we are glad you've joined us here.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
They found approximately 25% of the treasure and the rest is still laying in the deep. While they where up there they should have pursued the wreck of the Northerner that went down just to the south and was the sister ship and its treasure never recovered. Approximately 50 gold coils have washed up and been found from that wreck on the Centerville beach.

Thats a great coin, I would keep if for life.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureGirl.JPG

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello andwelcome from Southeast Louisiana... "D"

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They found approximately 25% of the treasure and the rest is still laying in the deep. While they where up there they should have pursued the wreck of the Northerner that went down just to the south and was the sister ship and its treasure never recovered. Approximately 50 gold coils have washed up and been found from that wreck on the Centerville beach.

I

Dobyoubplan on going back to Centreville? If so, I may want to join you. I may be getting a 100 meter drone also.

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whdre did you read about coins. From what I found it was carying gold dust.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my name is Doreen Sutton. My Father Barry Sutton was a huge part of the salvaging of the Brother Jonathon. I regret to say he passed away this year Jan 25th at sisters house in Bullhead City AZ. My mother also passed Dec 29th. I was told yrs ago that I would receive a 1865 Gold Double Eagle Coin when he passed away which i have now. I am so proud to have this. It means the world to me.
Just read up on the wreck. First time I head about it. Sorry for your loss. Treasure that coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread