Bucket list find ??? wasn't on my list, And some SILVER

SWINGER1969

May 11, 2019
Morristown,Minnesota
Detector(s) used
garrett at max, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a private property today on a local lake where there used to be a dance hall, found 11 coins in one hole all clad i wasn't impressed that they were all clad but the owners 3 young boy's thought it was pretty cool to find all those coins. Moving on to a large tree in the yard i found a bucket lister i guess i hadn't ever thought of finding a 1920-30's condom wrapper/container but i found one. I handed it to the property owner and he did a google search to find out what it was we had a good laugh, here it is as it came out of the ground. 5-4.jpg
Here it is cleaned up 5-5.jpg
here are all keepers from today. Best coin was a 1946 wheat leaf. 5-3.jpg

These are from last week hunt a 1950 hong kong 10 cent piece and a 925 mexican silver ring.
silver.jpg
ring.jpg
hong kong.jpg

Upvote 14

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I like that ring. I did not know what the 3 Merry Widow's container top was either, until I found my first one over 20 years ago. I had one of my club members tell me what it was, as we were on a club outing at the time. They can be fun to collect and display, as I have found 6 of them. They all say Merry Widows on them, but then 4 of them have a secondary design or the names on them. I really don't know how many different top designs were manufactured over the years.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found a few of those 3 Merry Widows containers and each time I've found one I've tried to think back to that time period at that location and have always thought to myself "this seems like an odd place to be gettin' busy"

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A lot of cool finds, congrats! :occasion14:

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a fun collection of finds. Love the " Merry Widows" tin. Looks like folks were getting frisky back in the day with all that dancing....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread