Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I just recently found mine and my dads bucket list token. Here’s how the story begins. My grandma just recently bought some property not too far up the road from us and it has a nice big yard beside the creek that use to be a tobacco patch back in the 60’s on up through the 80’s. Also the back in the 20’s-40’s a branch of the ET&WNC(Tweetsie) use to run along creek that runs along her property. The train was a logging train and there was a logging camp farther up the mountain and ran logs from there to a mill in Tennessee. Well I figured it wouldn’t do no harm to swing and see if anything showed up. Originally I was mainly thinking about someone losing something working the tobacco fields but anway I found a bent up Buffalo nickel from 1923. Given the date that is exactly the time they were up in our area logging. So things looked up but for the reminder of the time I detected I didn’t find anything of significance. So it was a while before I went back. When I went back I decided to hunt the main yard(I was off in the side to begin with) and it was getting late that evening and found a couple things that were of that age and got a decent single and popped it out and it was a thin disc. First I thought a clad quarter but it was too thin. So I started to wipe of the dirt and low and behold there was the words boone fork lumber company. I was ecstatic. This is a token that my dad and I have been wanting to find ever since we knew about the token. By that time is was about 9:15 and I just couldn’t see anymore. So me and dad came back the following day. And not too far into the hunt dad popped out a 1919 Mercury dime. So now we are thinking that her property might’ve been a camp. Given the location it would make a great camp and the train ran right beside there. So we are hunting and find some more relics of the age and next thing I know I get another solid single and out pops another one! I couldn’t believe it. These tokens are pretty rare. They are good for one meal at the Boonefork lumber company housing, and boone fork was only in business from the mid teens to the mid twenties. So a pretty rare exciting find. Not one but two! I know I won’t sell them but the last one we found online was several years ago and it sold for $225. Anyways at this point we are thinking this had to be some sort of camp that some of the loggers stayed at. So by this point my mom and sisters come up and they want to detect and shortly there after my sister and I was going along and I popped out a 1916 mercury dime. So we flipped it over and carefully removed the dirt where the mint mark would be and……. Nothing. But that’s ok I still have my two tokens! So as the day goes on me and dad had to get back to work and mom found a 1927 wheatie so she thought that was pretty neat. Then when me and dad got off work we detected for just a few minutes not long and I got my first Indian head penny! A 1906. So all in all I’d say a pretty good hunt. We still have quite a bit of ground to cover so there might be more. Would’ve been happy with one token but two is fine by be! Two very neat local pieces of history. Thanks for stopping by.

Attachments

• CE53725C-C1D1-4B16-A4D3-0D08B72AD853.jpeg
    CE53725C-C1D1-4B16-A4D3-0D08B72AD853.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 245
  • 45B01A9E-C5E2-488C-873E-DAEC3889126F.jpeg
    45B01A9E-C5E2-488C-873E-DAEC3889126F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 98
  • 73EA27C7-CED4-4D64-BAA7-1345315EA6E1.jpeg
    73EA27C7-CED4-4D64-BAA7-1345315EA6E1.jpeg
    800.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 99A5BBBA-E45D-447D-802C-AACEBE41C7CB.jpeg
    99A5BBBA-E45D-447D-802C-AACEBE41C7CB.jpeg
    715.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 121E1F98-C6B0-4840-B619-F1527F438177.jpeg
    121E1F98-C6B0-4840-B619-F1527F438177.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 99
  • ADFB8C90-B8D6-4D5C-B31B-E910292754DC.jpeg
    ADFB8C90-B8D6-4D5C-B31B-E910292754DC.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 91
  • 24D0C85E-ACC2-41FA-8FEE-B9EFBEAF06C4.jpeg
    24D0C85E-ACC2-41FA-8FEE-B9EFBEAF06C4.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
  • 64DB4F63-0D7F-4968-8524-70F8460E9A08.jpeg
    64DB4F63-0D7F-4968-8524-70F8460E9A08.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 117
  • B8E6FED6-DAB6-488F-A4DA-6380A28031A7.jpeg
    B8E6FED6-DAB6-488F-A4DA-6380A28031A7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Upvote 30
OP
OP
luke_00

luke_00

Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE:
My dad and myself had some time this evening to go back and detect some more. Right off dad found a 1911 Wheatie. Things were quite and then I heard dad holler, so I went to see and he was holding his first token! So this makes 3 between both of us! So we continue on and then I pop out another one. 4 TOKENS! So at this point we are thinking it had to be a camp of some sort!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone, I just recently found mine and my dads bucket list token. Here’s how the story begins. My grandma just recently bought some property not too far up the road from us and it has a nice big yard beside the creek that use to be a tobacco patch back in the 60’s on up through the 80’s. Also the back in the 20’s-40’s a branch of the ET&WNC(Tweetsie) use to run along creek that runs along her property. The train was a logging train and there was a logging camp farther up the mountain and ran logs from there to a mill in Tennessee. Well I figured it wouldn’t do no harm to swing and see if anything showed up. Originally I was mainly thinking about someone losing something working the tobacco fields but anway I found a bent up Buffalo nickel from 1923. Given the date that is exactly the time they were up in our area logging. So things looked up but for the reminder of the time I detected I didn’t find anything of significance. So it was a while before I went back. When I went back I decided to hunt the main yard(I was off in the side to begin with) and it was getting late that evening and found a couple things that were of that age and got a decent single and popped it out and it was a thin disc. First I thought a clad quarter but it was too thin. So I started to wipe of the dirt and low and behold there was the words boone fork lumber company. I was ecstatic. This is a token that my dad and I have been wanting to find ever since we knew about the token. By that time is was about 9:15 and I just couldn’t see anymore. So me and dad came back the following day. And not too far into the hunt dad popped out a 1919 Mercury dime. So now we are thinking that her property might’ve been a camp. Given the location it would make a great camp and the train ran right beside there. So we are hunting and find some more relics of the age and next thing I know I get another solid single and out pops another one! I couldn’t believe it. These tokens are pretty rare. They are good for one meal at the Boonefork lumber company housing, and boone fork was only in business from the mid teens to the mid twenties. So a pretty rare exciting find. Not one but two! I know I won’t sell them but the last one we found online was several years ago and it sold for $225. Anyways at this point we are thinking this had to be some sort of camp that some of the loggers stayed at. So by this point my mom and sisters come up and they want to detect and shortly there after my sister and I was going along and I popped out a 1916 mercury dime. So we flipped it over and carefully removed the dirt where the mint mark would be and……. Nothing. But that’s ok I still have my two tokens! So as the day goes on me and dad had to get back to work and mom found a 1927 wheatie so she thought that was pretty neat. Then when me and dad got off work we detected for just a few minutes not long and I got my first Indian head penny! A 1906. So all in all I’d say a pretty good hunt. We still have quite a bit of ground to cover so there might be more. Would’ve been happy with one token but two is fine by be! Two very neat local pieces of history. Thanks for stopping by.
Thats is a very cool relic in-an-of itself but the local significance is really intriguing. Good job all that hard work paid off got yourself some really awesome history!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Judging by the wear on the dimes, they were probably dropped sometime in the 40's or 50's.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
big time gratz x 2!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread