Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Swingin' a lot less than normal as my bride recuperates from ankle surgery. I did sneak out yesterday and lucked into a coin spill that included 2 silvers.

I've been hoping to find a foreign silver coin and initially thought I might have a peace dollar. Wiping it off revealed a 1947 Peso, 14g, 50% silver. In the same hole was a 1948 Washington. I spotted both of these as I removed the plug. I put the hole back together swung over it and got a 26 on the Legend. Sure enough, there was a 1925 Buffalo in the same hole.

That 1940 permission also gave up 6 wheats, a bike reflector, 1 Singer Centennial Decal 1851-1951, 2 keys, 1 key fob, a little cleo fishing lure and $2.72 clad. That's 52 silvers ytd. Apologies on the picture quality. Thanks for peeking and HH!!

Attachments

• IMG_1409[1].JPG
    IMG_1409[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1410[1].JPG
    IMG_1410[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1408[1].JPG
    IMG_1408[1].JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 76
Upvote 32

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swingin' a lot less than normal as my bride recuperates from ankle surgery. I did sneak out yesterday and lucked into a coin spill that included 2 silvers.

I've been hoping to find a foreign silver coin and initially thought I might have a peace dollar. Wiping it off revealed a 1947 Peso, 14g, 50% silver. In the same hole was a 1948 Washington. I spotted both of these as I removed the plug. I put the hole back together swung over it and got a 26 on the Legend. Sure enough, there was a 1925 Buffalo in the same hole.

That 1940 permission also gave up 6 wheats, a bike reflector, 1 Singer Centennial Decal 1851-1951, 2 keys, 1 key fob, a little cleo fishing lure and $2.72 clad. That's 52 silvers ytd. Apologies on the picture quality. Thanks for peeking and HH!!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mexican coin., I believe. Great finds...!
That one hole gave up a bunch of goodies!
Give the little lady a hug from me, and tell her to get well soon!
I'm likely up for surgery on my left shoulder, so I'll be in sick bay for awhile, too...! =[

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Crash,
I've been unable..., mostly, unable to detect "every day", like I used to,
so anytime I sneak out of the house, every swing I do come with mixed feelings -
Pure joy to be hunting again, and the Pain
that I've been feeling....
I was rewarded yesterday with two coins - a clad dime and a 1940-s cent;
o Porcelain Cupie Doll's right leg and a dropped WRA co, 45 Colt cartridge
with a stamped "W" nickel primer...!
Boy, the lead of the bullet was super corroded...!
All this in a 10ft sq area...! A great hunt! :thumbsup:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Crash,
I've been unable..., mostly, unable to detect "every day", like I used to,
so anytime I sneak out of the house, every swing I do come with mixed feelings -
Pure joy to be hunting again, and the Pain
that I've been feeling....
I was rewarded yesterday with two coins - a clad dime and a 1940-s cent;
o Porcelain Cupie Doll's right leg and a dropped WRA co, 45 Colt cartridge
with a stamped "W" nickel primer...!
Boy, the lead of the bullet was super corroded...!
All this in a 10ft sq area...! A great hunt! :thumbsup:
I sincerely hope you can regain the level of detecting you want.Pain free!:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Hunk-a-lead

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mexican coin., I believe. Great finds...!
That one hole gave up a bunch of goodies!
Give the little lady a hug from me, and tell her to get well soon!
I'm likely up for surgery on my left shoulder, so I'll be in sick bay for awhile, too...! =[
oh man, heal up fast and thanks

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds, congrats on a good hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread