🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Buckle ID Help

J3S

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2022
Hi Everyone, Found this buckle last week and am curious what it is. I know it's OLD but not sure what kind of buckle it was...I would love some help on what this was used for and what time period it may be. I love learning about all these items we pull out of the group, any insight is of course very much appreciated.

I'll be metal detecting an old farm house this weekend and will have pics coming soon of my finds just FYI!! :)

J3

Attachments

• IMG_6795.jpg
    IMG_6795.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_6796.jpg
    IMG_6796.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 1

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 1

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VP This is a very informative posting thanks. What do you use to search these things ? What type of search criteria

Upvote 1

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Everyone, Found this buckle last week and am curious what it is. I know it's OLD but not sure what kind of buckle it was...I would love some help on what this was used for and what time period it may be. I love learning about all these items we pull out of the group, any insight is of course very much appreciated.

I'll be metal detecting an old farm house this weekend and will have pics coming soon of my finds just FYI!! :)

J3
Hard to tell from the size but I would surmise it is a buckle to a horse halter

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VP This is a very informative posting thanks. What do you use to search these things ? What type of search criteria
tn_metal_detector.gif
Just hit the
Search Button (top right) and enter "belt buckles" and review the results. Just mess with the search terms. Oh yea, get a cup of coffee while going through each find. :)

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a very nice, early hand-made, horse tack buckle. :thumbsup:
Welcome to the Tnet site... great buckle info vpnavy!
Dave

Upvote 0
Solution

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread