Dougie Webb

Jun 14, 2019
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Garrett Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the cool things about living in the hood that also happens to have a ton of woods around it is that I find bullets all the time - at least 20 in the past year or so, along with another 20 shells.. Most of them are pretty easily identifiable - the hood bullets in particular (9 mm anyone?). But there are a few that seem to be a little older that I haven't been able to make a def ID on. I've put as much info in these pics as I can, and have made guesses on most of them. But if any of you experts have any color to add, I'd love to hear it.

The one I'm most curious about is (what appears to be) the 22 LR. It's hard to see, but it appears to have three rings at the bottom of the bullet itself...which I've heard is indicative of some of the older ones.

The digital readout on my caliper is caput so these are the best manual measurements I could do.

Thanks as always and happy hunting!

IMG_4590.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

Scuse the dirty fingernails. Turns out I like to dig a lot...

IMG_4588.jpg

Upvote 6

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the cool things about living in the hood that also happens to have a ton of woods around it is that I find bullets all the time - at least 20 in the past year or so, along with another 20 shells.. Most of them are pretty easily identifiable - the hood bullets in particular (9 mm anyone?). But there are a few that seem to be a little older that I haven't been able to make a def ID on. I've put as much info in these pics as I can, and have made guesses on most of them. But if any of you experts have any color to add, I'd love to hear it.

The one I'm most curious about is (what appears to be) the 22 LR. It's hard to see, but it appears to have three rings at the bottom of the bullet itself...which I've heard is indicative of some of the older ones.

The digital readout on my caliper is caput so these are the best manual measurements I could do.

Thanks as always and happy hunting!

View attachment 2007289

View attachment 2007290

View attachment 2007291

View attachment 2007292

View attachment 2007293

Scuse the dirty fingernails. Turns out I like to dig a lot...

View attachment 2007295
Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
Dougie Webb

Dougie Webb

Jun 14, 2019
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Garrett Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Curious, are there not some prime Civil War sites near you? Not your thing?
There are. I've been working the past few weeks on nailing down the site of one of the union army's encampments on the first night of their march to the sea. It's within a mile of here. So although I've never been big into the civil war, this has got me pretty excited.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread