Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't posted in the last couple of weeks. I've been out detecting, but nothing great to write home about. I did manage to find a bunch of keepers. Went out Saturday to a favorite park with a couple of buddies. Pulled up a nice little selection of silver and 8 Indians. A couple of them were older 65, 73 & 74. Love finding SLQ's but this one was pretty wiped out. Second is a combination of a few hunts, mostly from door knocking. LC and Barber came from the same yard. Indians were from a small wooded area and included what is probably my best 1859. Those copper nickel coins come out really toasted around here. One of the quarters and a few of the mercs came from a small yard permission. Found 40 wheaties in that yard, a new record day for me. I'm not big on wheaties as I find so many. I do like finding them, especially in big quantity as it tells me I have some virgin ground. Also found a few odds and ends including an early knee buckle. All in all I can't complain.

DSC_0381 crop.jpg DSC_0386crop.jpg

DSC_0389 crop.jpg

Upvote 16

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a month that didn't add up to anywhere near that . Congrats

lost it

Aug 24, 2015
new england
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man thats a good selection 40 wheats-in a day !!!nice group of silvers and love finding IH pennies especially the older ones my are usually 1890-1908 or so

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice collection of coins and relics, congratulations! :occasion14:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For some, that's a great year! Congrats on the awesome finds..

-- Jeff --

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a coin killing monster buddy!!!!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap dude, that's an amazing hunt!

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling all those keepers. :occasion14: Your permissions seem to produce some nice coins and relics. You dug about a month and a half worth of keepers in my book.

Kk77

May 7, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the awsome finds really like the toy soldiers!!

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
man thats a good selection 40 wheats-in a day !!!nice group of silvers and love finding IH pennies especially the older ones my are usually 1890-1908 or so

I'm not big on digging wheaties, but when I find a bunch it does tell me there's probably silver around too. I also love finding Indians, especially the older ones. One old park I hunt has a lot of them, but they're deep and usually next to trash. That's why they've been missed by others. Park has been hunted heavily for 40 years and I still pull up a lot of stuff including about 60 Indians and 3 seated dimes so far this year. Trick is to go slow and double check every signal. When in doubt, dig.

Congrats on pulling all those keepers. :occasion14: Your permissions seem to produce some nice coins and relics. You dug about a month and a half worth of keepers in my book.

My permissions work out quite well. Here's a tip for you. Find out if the tax records are online for your town. If they are, chances are the list the year built of the house. It gives you a good place to start asking permission. I'm a Realtor and have easy access to tax records for about 8 counties around me. I'm lucky in that I can search up properties by the year built of the house. When I do a search for homes built between 1700-1800 I get hundreds of results. You might want to make friends with a local Realtor. I've found that if someone's selling their home they're not going to take what's in the ground and it's a great time to detect. Just make sure your holes are perfect.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Don,, great advice on the tax records.
The silver is always nice , as are the Indians.
Those toy soldiers are are cool.
Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread