MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
About 20 or so years ago I dropped my dredge permit for Oregon because back then they started allowing ANYONE to sue you for anything ! Needless to say my family was more important than any gold I got after driving 1/2 way across our Country ! I never went back !

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone have experience in the Burnt River , Oregon area? theres a couple of claims up for sale there. how hard is it to get a dredge permit? i see its not in the salmon areas
Please keep us posted on any developments and information. I was just looking over some claims in Idaho. I love Idaho and the people there.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LDMA and GPA have claims on Burnt River, just off the freeway west of Huntington. Took my Sweep Jig to an outing there in 2019. They were bringing gold-bearing dirt down to the camp from up on the hill to the east. Quite a bit of gold was recovered in their sluices and highbankers at the camp. I recovered a fair amount from the tailings with my jig....LOL
Jim

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Being a GPAA member I have a couple free days on a LDMA claim. My dad and I went there for two days years ago, back when you could dredge. I didn't come back with any measurable amount of gold. I would visit these clubs claims after joining them. Or do the community dig thing with the LDMA before spending money on a claim. If I remember right GPAA has about 80 acres out there. A one year membership would be well worth it, you can prospect for a year and then decide if you want to invest in the area.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's good gold to be had, but like anywhere, you need to learn how to follow the old channels. There's a lot of spots there that haven't been touched... We were Caretakers at the Blue Bucket and helped out at Burnt River from time to time. I have a few friends with claims up there and the history is rich!

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was born and raised in the Weatherby area (cattle ranch) (between Hunington and Durkee) and most of the gold panning done when I was a kid was up the sissley creek area. The main area was the Raster creek area and over the hill in an area called chicken creek. The old minors would show us kids a sack full of dust when we rode on horseback looking for cattle.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burnt river is regulated by dams, lots of irrigation, might only have good water for a few weeks.
check with Ken and Jan Alexander they have claims on Burnt river and help others through EOMA
you can find their contacts in the newsletters http://www.h2oaccess.com/newsletters_all.php (bottom of Feb)
because its a high mining area BLM/FS have resource plans and EIS and such, may or might not need a notice?
in water work timings are from July 1st to October 31st but probably gets gross the further into the summer.
$250 plus first year fee of 250 https://www.oregon.gov/deq/wq/wqpermits/Pages/Mining.aspx
and permit map

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions