Bust large Cent and 3 Indians

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a little down time at work so I decided to do a little recon in the New Jersey pine barrens. I had recently found a coin spill with Flying Eagles and Indian Heads so I decided to stay within a mile or so of that area. I was pretty surprised to get the same signal on my Deus 11 again. They were the copper/nickel Indian Heads again along with a Bust Large Cent!
cap3.jpg

Upvote 26

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a little down time at work so I decided to do a little recon in the New Jersey pine barrens. I had recently found a coin spill with Flying Eagles and Indian Heads so I decided to stay within a mile or so of that area. I was pretty surprised to get the same signal on my Deus 11 again. They were the copper/nickel Indian Heads again along with a Bust Large Cent!
View attachment 2023397
Love old coins! You've got a great area to hunt!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2023397
Great coin digs. Congratulations

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done getting the Coppers.

miserman

Oct 25, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD F-pulse and Tek-Point pinpointers Sunray Pro gold headphones
This spill shows they were still carrying and spending Large Cents in the 1860's. Very nice find!

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2023397
Awesome finds! Lemme know if you want to link up

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2023397
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This spill shows they were still carrying and spending Large Cents in the 1860's. Very nice find!
Yes, that's what I was thinking too. The Bust coin is very worn and it's pretty old to be carried with Indian Heads. I guess that I'll just have to go back and get to the bottom of this!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2023397
great saves and those indians look to be in good shape, wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread