...but this is O.K.?The hypocrcy knows no bounds....

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol look at all that silt! Just remember dredging is bad for the fish! And running them over with an excavator is perfectly harmless! :/

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There could be a silver lining? Anyone allowed to metal detect?
Shep

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......for the folks that may not realize....dredgers did exactly what they are attempting to do,for a lot less $$$(multi millions),and none of the environmental damage they are causing.This isnt the first one of these they have done either.....they did one on the Stanislaus above Knights Ferry

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever it is there attempting to do there will probably not make it through the first winter. It looks like low summer water and being on the corner I will bet the first winter rains blow everything out. Ablolute waste of money. Near where I live the ODFW spent thousands & thousands of dollars to install big boulders that are drilled and cabled all the way through with 5/8th" cable, these were stetched accross the river for salmon habitat. The one creek they installed several of these on was finished just before 2006, after the 2006 winter they were all gone. "OH" the broken cable is still there along with all the rusted shards of cable strands. Pathetic......

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
Trinity River Restoration

river.jpg river1.jpg

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to see before and after pics of this project once winter has come and gone.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
There may be gold to be found here with a pan or detector. At the end of Arden way in Sacramento near the American river rapids. Don't believe there are any restrictions for this in this area.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think reed posted this video here a while back.

I think it about time for people to stop entertaining the notion that their are a such thing as public lands and we have rights..
I was born in this country and I served this country and it has only done me wrong! The only cause worth fighting for and that will hold any real results is to stop the men WHO RULE THIS COUNTRY AND I DO MEAN RULE...It's a pity such awesome weapons are wasted on woman and children when we got a whole crap load of people in the white house that are Power and money hungry men and women who commit crimes against humanity every day.. We MUST BE ABLE TO HOLD OUR LEADERS ACCOUNTABLE!!!! BUT THEY WONT ALLOW US!!! AND WE ARE JUST broken dogs scared of our MASTER!! May god bless the people!! But to hell with America... I am American And I have nothing to be proud of only ashamed!!! May god forgive my Cowardice in standing up for whats right no matter what.. Becouse I too am very afraid of the Government and what they can do!!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been going on in the trinity for over 25 years now and NOT 1 fish weir,sidechannel still open. ALL filled in 100% within 1-2 years many BILLIONS blown now as BS continues and expanding. Kills the deep cool salmon/steelhead layover pools with junk rock,covers reds for miles,kills kayaking,rafting and canoes--yaaaa let'm eat cake as they are the ones who killed dredging-hahaha -as ye sow ya sow n' sos-John

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......for the folks that may not realize....dredgers did exactly what they are attempting to do,for a lot less $$$(multi millions),and none of the environmental damage they are causing.This isnt the first one of these they have done either.....they did one on the Stanislaus above Knights Ferry

They did it below Englebright dam on the Yuba also, total wasteland now - thanks again to "theoretical scientists".

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this should be an OUTRAGE!!!Yet our dredging program was costing them too much?

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
They did it below Englebright dam on the Yuba also, total wasteland now - thanks again to "theoretical scientists".

Yep !! back during SB670 I was posting "restoration" pics all over the internet With the caption " and gold dredgers are doing harm?" i've read there EIR's and guess what they say? Temporary impact. Sound familiar?
Bottom line: If what they are doing is good for the river, then how in the Hell is gold dredging bad for it?

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Einstein defined insanity as doing the same repeatedly while expecting a different result.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember about 20 yrs ago, they spent close to a million bringing in 5 ten ton boulders to create "scour pools" in the Truckee river in downtown Reno. It
was front page news with huge cranes, etc. Can't find a trace of those boulders now. Why are they so arrogant to think nature gives a s**t what we puny humans do?

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember about 20 yrs ago, they spent close to a million bringing in 5 ten ton boulders to create "scour pools" in the Truckee river in downtown Reno. It
was front page news with huge cranes, etc. Can't find a trace of those boulders now. Why are they so arrogant to think nature gives a s**t what we puny humans do?

Because the elected officals believe they are the higher power and there S*&$ doesn't stink.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions