Butter knife hair barrette ???

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2007
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.
Going through my brass an copper to take to the recyclers, and found this.
It was all bent up, looked like scrap at first.
I'm sure it's a hair barrette, but why a butter knife:icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch:
Maybe a tie clasp for a Cook...

Thanks for looking

Tim

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 133

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Kellyco Predator II, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unique, odd but kind of cool looking.

Upvote 0

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
I remembered another of these posted a couple years back. I found the thread here:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/191571-butter-knife-barette.html

I edited my post in that thread b/c instead of a photo from the Sear Roebuck catalogue it was now a random snapshot of some people! (must have been since I used tinipic to upload it and they replaced the code since it was a couple years old).

I've skimmed through my copy of the 1897 Sears catalogue and am not seeing what I might have posted back then but I will look again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
doublet2a

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2007
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.
I remembered another of these posted a couple years back. I found the thread here:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/191571-butter-knife-barette.html

I edited my post in that thread b/c instead of a photo from the Sear Roebuck catalogue it was now a random snapshot of some people! (must have been since I used tinipic to upload it and they replaced the code since it was a couple years old).

I've skimmed through my copy of the 1897 Sears catalogue and am not seeing what I might have posted back then but I will look again.
Hmmmm, Interesting,, the same hair barrette in that post..

Tim

Upvote 0

koolaidsmile

May 17, 2012
I am a seller and collector of vintage jewelry and for some odd reason back in the day they like to use utensils as jewelry!! I have quite a few spoon pieces although I've never seen a knife piece before!! Very cool!

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)

Upvote 0

koolaidsmile

May 17, 2012
Maybe they stole the idea from the Chinese with the wearing of chop sticks in their hair! I guess we decided to put cutlery in our hair! :-)

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread