Colt0208

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2021
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys, dug this little cuff link button from a mid to early 1800?s homesite local to me. At first it looks like any other flat button but as I look at it, there is a back mark on it I can?t quite make out.... there is a definite design and something stamped in it under the corrosion there.... any ideas?

8540EECF-A46C-45B7-81F7-332955178E66.jpeg

129756A5-5082-4440-A84A-DF978761B5D2.jpeg

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! Sorry I can't make it out either. Nice find though!

Upvote 0

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imported the first picture into Powerpoint and sharpened/changed color/increased saturation - but no help. With the sun to your back hold the button at a shallow angle - sometimes that brings out some detail. If that doesn't work, repeat looking at it with a magnifying glass. If still no luck, maybe look at it under a microscope. If all else fails, consider GENTLY cleaning with Andre's pencils or similar. Just remember there is no undoing any damage cleaning can cause.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Colt0208

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2021
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Imported the first picture into Powerpoint and sharpened/changed color/increased saturation - but no help. With the sun to your back hold the button at a shallow angle - sometimes that brings out some detail. If that doesn't work, repeat looking at it with a magnifying glass. If still no luck, maybe look at it under a microscope. If all else fails, consider GENTLY cleaning with Andre's pencils or similar. Just remember there is no undoing any damage cleaning can cause.

Awesome, I will give those a try..... It's more out of my own curiosity than anything else.... Just starting out, I am definitely a rookie, and was plain ole' excited to just find SOMETHING other than usual junk!

Upvote 0

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colt0208, understand completely about the excitement. That feeling never goes away and neither does the junk. Patience, persistence, and some creativity will ensure you'll still find a cool artifact now and then. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread