button info??

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
me and my brother went out today in the freezing cold ( isn't this easter! ::)) to an old neighborhood park. i didn't get much, just some clad and two Wheaties. he found this button. from what i can gather its a cadet button from west point military academy. can anyone date it? i cant read everything on the back, but the stuff i can make out is "WATERBURY CONN". i would post a pic of the back but it doesn't scan very well and i don't have a camera. i wouldn't imagine its very old, especially with the amount of gold still on it, but we were just curious. thanks for looking! its kind of tough to see in the scan but the button reads " CADET U.S.M.A."

Attachments

• 04-08-2007 12;50;37PM.jpg
    04-08-2007 12;50;37PM.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Hey, HPR—

Nice find! This U.S. Military Academy cadet button is listed in Albert's books as #SU 9. The design reportedly was revised to this variety in 1923.

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
thanks PBK! i knew you would know! ;) ;D

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hollow, that button has a great design on it..... I think you guys are lucky to have all the history that you do,,,,, you are very blessed indeed.

God bless
Peter

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
pgill said:
Hollow, that button has a great design on it..... I think you guys are lucky to have all the history that you do,,,,, you are very blessed indeed.

God bless
Peter

thanks peter! by the way, how are you feeling?

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many people are praying for me, and today has been great ;D the last two days I thought I was on my way out with so many pulpitations.
The surgeon has told me if this does not work then I will have to be done again, this time without putting out (Ouch) :'(
But I am feeling much better at this time, thank you for asking ;)

God bless you,
Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread