invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Squab and welcome to TreasureNet. Help us help you by posting pictures of both sides along with the size, thickness, and some details about how you found it such as where and if any other artifacts were found nearby.

Reactions: kac
Upvote 1

kac

Aug 4, 2021
North East
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Seahunter MKII, Apex, Makro Multi Kruzer, Tesoro Tejon. Started with a BH Tracker 505 back in early 90's.
Nokta Pulse Pointer and Minelab Profind 35.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does look like a coin. Measure it and see what the diameter is. You should be able to cross reference with other coins. They usually use mm for measurements.
Thickness can also help but it is pretty worn. Flat buttons I have found don't have rims like that.
Nice find.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
S

Squab

Nov 29, 2021
Hi Squab and welcome to TreasureNet. Help us help you by posting pictures of both sides along with the size, thickness, and some details about how you found it such as where and if any other artifacts were found nearby.
I found this in coastal Ga. Back is smooth no evidence of shank. Coin is the size of a nickel and very thin

Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Flip it over, take a picture, post it up.
Then the readership will be able to view.
Put a nickel beside it for sizing.

Upvote 0

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the extra pics, size, and general location found. Not sure what to make of the wavy lines in the first pic. Hopefully someone can. At about 11 o'clock on the second pic I kinda see part of a rim. Then again... What kind of detector do you have and what did this ring up as?

Attachments

• Squab.jpg
    Squab.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Squab

Nov 29, 2021
Thanks for the extra pics, size, and general location found. Not sure what to make of the wavy lines in the first pic. Hopefully someone can. At about 11 o'clock on the second pic I kinda see part of a rim. Then again... What kind of detector do you have and what did this ring up as?
Equinox 600 and thinking around 18-20 range. I have found many buttons but do not see shank

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread