By the light..of the Silver ee Moon!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey gang!

It was a beautiful day here in Aiken. I decided that since my local pickens have been pretty slim, that I would get an early start to the day. Ya know the saying.....The early bird gets the worm? Well, I got me a nice worm today! ;D

I went to a local Elementary School today (the one where I discovered the large playground around back) I hit a couple of signals right off and then got a real solid silver signal. I figured it was just a quarter close to the top, but when I moved the sand aside, this little beauty popped out! I couldn't believe my eyes. :o I also found three quarters right beside it. I'm sure that some little student decided to have show and tell or something and lucky me that I found him first!!

Not alot of clad today, but If I only found this one goodie, I still would have been happy!

Hope everyone had a fun filled day! Thanks for reading!

HH,
Moon

Attachments

• IMG_1803.JPG
    IMG_1803.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 777
  • IMG_1802.JPG
    IMG_1802.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 778
Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or either some little fellow missed out on lunch...Nice finds and makes for a good day when you hit the silver. Moon, I travel to Aiken a few times a month and have noticed the big ball fields on the road behind the Highway Department..Was wondering if you have ever tried over there? Keep it up and HH.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice hunt Moonshadow, Congrats on the silver half, very nice for sure WTG!
Glenn

plumloko

Feb 11, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, Whites XLT
Nice haul!

Love to find silver halfs, very exciting to run a coil over that!

BTW (dumb question) wheres Aiken?

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on that Franklin !!!!! ...... Looks like you had a great day , congrats .

Mac

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds...love that Franklin.

;) RR

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NO WAY !

Congrats on the Benny and I must say that was a VERY good year ::) I've only found 2 of those ever, both last year. Was it in the ground or the chips? Find out how old that school is, 'cause if it was found in the ground it may have been there a long time..one of my Bennies was found only an inch under in an old neighborhood yard.

Nice job!

Nat

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Natman said:
NO WAY !

Congrats on the Benny and I must say that was a VERY good year ::) I've only found 2 of those ever, both last year. Was it in the ground or the chips? Find out how old that school is, 'cause if it was found in the ground it may have been there a long time..one of my Bennies was found only an inch under in an old neighborhood yard.

Nice job!

Nat

WAY!

I was so excited Nat. It just never ceases to amaze me about what we can find and in the strangest places. The "Benny" was around the playground equipment in the sand. I love sand hunting....things stay buried! Where as with wood chips, sometimes things bounce and are quickly discovered.
This particular playground is hunted regularly. I found a silver and peridot ring there about three weeks ago. I got lucky on that one too cause there's an older gentlemen that hunts there as well. I ran across him last weekend, so that's why I decided to go so early. I was there at 6:30 AM!!

Thanks everyone for your replies!

HH,
Moon

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW thats an excellent find ! glad you went early and found that before that guy found it ;) congrats ;D

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a beautiful coin, and along with the other clad, you had an outstanding day. I like your way of thinking. I get up at 5 am to begin a bit after 6, it's quiet, the homeboys are asleep, the traffic is light and I'm looking before anyone else. WTG.

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Awesome finds moonshadow!!!

You got to love those tot lots, schools and public parks for unexpected, wonderfull finds.

HH

sparkymaster

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moon,
You lucky so & so!!! ;D ;) That is a great find. You hardly see those halves much anymore. Congrats to you.
Super job,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread