🥇 BANNER C.S.A. Button; Chain Cent; And Many Others!!! Best Day I have Ever Had!!!!

gbpackrfan1990

Feb 2, 2012
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejan; Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went back to the place that I found the 1851 Saber Belt Plate and Vermont Button, and had one heck of a day! The construction crew demolished an old 1920s house, and I was amazed at what came out from underneath it!!! I dug well into the night, nugget after nugget! My finds include:

9 Bullets (3 minie balls, 1 gardiner, 1 enfield, 3 colt, 1 round ball)
1 sword scabbard tip
1 1876 silver dime
1 1871 indian head penny
1 1867 shield nickel
1 1810 Large Cent
3 Eagle buttons (2 cuff; 1 Gold plated Coat)
********************** Here come the goodies
1 Solid Cast C.S.A. Button
1 1793 Chain Cent
1 Unknown Token (last two pictures; I think its a Prussian medal c. 1815, it says "NEUE EHRE NEUES GLÜCK" on the front and Voll Muth on the back. I am unsure of the value, any help is appreciated!!!)

Attachments

• 9_2_15_everything.jpg
    9_2_15_everything.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 784
  • chain front.jpg
    chain front.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 624
  • CSA.jpg
    CSA.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 582
  • indian head.jpg
    indian head.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 563
  • LC.jpg
    LC.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 556
  • shield_nickle.jpg
    shield_nickle.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 556
  • 1876_silver_dime.jpg
    1876_silver_dime.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 567
  • uktb.jpg
    uktb.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 636
  • uktf.jpg
    uktf.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 550
  • ccb.jpg
    ccb.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:
Upvote 81

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let this be a lesson to all you folks out there.Old house tearouts are always goldmines,the goods have been protected from weathering and other diggers since the original place was built.Tradesmen lost pocket change over the years and the owners would put their "mason jar banks" underneath them too....

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't you buy public liability insurance, it's only about £15 a year here & most clubs make it a club rule to have it.

Great Idea..Cru!
I never even thought of that.. Or to lazy to check it out?
Ill def, look into that.:icon_thumleft:

Hopefully not too much "Red tape " involved.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would send them a thank you card for allowing you to detect their property. Then offer your services, and placement of your previous finds, if they ever want to do an archaeological dig.

YEA RIGHT!

A nice thought tho.

Traditionally Relic Hunters , Archaeologists , & Big $ Developers Don,t get Along.

Besides No-Body wants to put up the money to pay a Professional Arcie, The Money to do such a small but Historical Site
"By the Book".
My Opinion

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a permission hunt where the owner required a waiver of liability form. So, I found one and modified it to my purposes. Now, I keep that form in a Word doc and have it available if it is ever requested again.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I finally have time to give this incredible coin the praise that it deserves. That baby is nesr the tippy top of every colonial hunters list. My bucket list goes Mass silver, GW or Rattlesnake button, Chain cent etc. I admittedly put a few on their that I will never find like a disme or half disme and a couple other rarities. But my friend you found a beautiful example and that sucker is worth a small fortune. So a huge congrats to you and I wish you the best with whatever you decide to do with it. I know for me it would be snuggled up to a couple other things in my safe deposit box

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is just a crazy great day, place to hunt, finds, you name it! Impressive! Most of those finds are great and would make most of our days by themselves, but to pull out a pile like that in one day, my Gosh!
It's going to be hard to beat that one though.. hard to top but then again, great memory to have already.
I mean, yes, the chain cent is amazing, but you found so many other notables, and I always love the relics as well.
CONGRATS, worth the Banner easily. How about the areas around that one ?
Keep us posted and HH!

OP
OP
gbpackrfan1990

gbpackrfan1990

Feb 2, 2012
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is just a crazy great day, place to hunt, finds, you name it! Impressive! Most of those finds are great and would make most of our days by themselves, but to pull out a pile like that in one day, my Gosh!
It's going to be hard to beat that one though.. hard to top but then again, great memory to have already.
I mean, yes, the chain cent is amazing, but you found so many other notables, and I always love the relics as well.
CONGRATS, worth the Banner easily. How about the areas around that one ?
Keep us posted and HH!

Its definitely going to be hard to beat! Its almost depressing going somewhere else now, I've been spoiled!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
welcome to the chain gang! i dug one a few years ago and still have a stain in my shorts!congrats!

OP
OP
gbpackrfan1990

gbpackrfan1990

Feb 2, 2012
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
welcome to the chain gang! i dug one a few years ago and still have a stain in my shorts!congrats!

HAHA! It was dark when I dug mine, so I didn't even know I had one until I got home and emptied my pouch! It was quite a surprise!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw my gf is a HUGE Packer Backer. And Rogers is my fantasy qb so I'm a fan by default lol. Even though I'm a huge Steelers fan

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I finally have time to give this incredible coin the praise that it deserves. That baby is nesr the tippy top of every colonial hunters list. My bucket list goes Mass silver, GW or Rattlesnake button, Chain cent etc. I admittedly put a few on their that I will never find like a disme or half disme and a couple other rarities. But my friend you found a beautiful example and that sucker is worth a small fortune. So a huge congrats to you and I wish you the best with whatever you decide to do with it. I know for me it would be snuggled up to a couple other things in my safe deposit box

Dude, a chain comes way before most GWs and pretty much everyone we have seen, or will see dug, and it kills a snake button. So even though it is your bucket list I am overruling you so you have to change it! :thumbsup:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable, Incredible, and a bunch of other complimentary remarks,,,,
That is one hunt I would have a hard time recovering from.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did I miss this !!!!! Beautiful chain cent ! Congratulations ! I see chains posted more than I like too. Every time a chain cent is found the values go down on mine :(
Welcome to the chain gang club GB!!

BANNER!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1990 DONE STOLE THE SHOW WITH THESE FINDS , DANG NICE.....

Ted Mac

Sep 11, 2006
Sylvania, OH
Detector(s) used
Compass/Coinscanner Pro, Teknetics Mk 1
Heck of a day congrats. Though I'm not sure I would have posted everything. Whoever owns that property isn't gonna just sit back watch someone walk away with whatever the high end stuff goes for. Hate to dump ice water on it but I would be contacting council just to discuss what options the land owner has and what your options are. But good luck.

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proof positive the best finds are always under the old buildings! Being at a "house tear out" has been my favorite way to get real nice stuff. Still waiting for the one owned by a miser who tucked his "goldies" in behind the roof shingles/boards, nice big double eagles in "A" shape!.HH ALL!

money malcolm

Apr 5, 2015
Denver
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck of a day congrats. Though I'm not sure I would have posted everything. Whoever owns that property isn't gonna just sit back watch someone walk away with whatever the high end stuff goes for. Hate to dump ice water on it but I would be contacting council just to discuss what options the land owner has and what your options are. But good luck.

The chances of a the land owner being able to connect that these finds came from their property seems unlikely to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread